Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Stuck on macOS-Utilities / Grayed out Install Button [High Sierra][Asus H170I-PLUS D3][i7 6700K][nVidia GTX1080]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
H170I-Plus D3
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Xserve
  3. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, Im new here and its my first install of macOS on an non Apple-Machine. But now im stuck on the macOS-Utilities Screen and the Installation won't start. I tried an other USB-Stick and build the installer about 3-4 times now. At first with Unibeast and then with the instructions of RehabMan found here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/
(created with an MBR EFI Partition; Installer created with "createinstallmedia")

There is a parallel installation of Windows 10 on an NVMe-Drive, but i read that that would be ok since i install on a separate SSD for macOS.
My bios is set to: Virtualization: disabled, CFG-Lock: disabled, Secure Boot Mode: disabled, OS Type: Other OS, Serial-Port: disabled XHCI Handoff: Enabled.

Here is my set up:
CPU: intel i7 6700k
RAM: 16GB DDR3
Motherboard: Asus H170I-PLUS D3
GPU: nVidia GTX1080
SSD: Kingston A400 240GB (for macOS)
NVMe: Samsung 960 Pro 256GB (for Windows 10)
HDD: WD Black 6TB (for Windows, currently disconnected)

Since im new sorry if some important information here is missing, hope you can help me and thank you for your time!

Last edited:
After i downloaded the High Sierra Install app again from the Mac-Appstore it worked. I downloaded the Installer 1-2 month bevor.

Reactions: twb
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back