Contribute
Register

Stuck on “FORCING CS RUNTIME...” after 10.14.4 update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte H97M-D3H
CPU
i5 << need model # >> See Forum Rules !!
Graphics
HD 4600
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I’m updating to 10.14.4 from 10.14.2. After the system restarted it gets stuck on this (pic). Serial ports have been disabled (gigabyte motherboard). I can still boot into 10.14.2 without any issues.

Attachments

• F94228B2-6D19-444F-8DFE-8E9233FD750A.jpeg
    F94228B2-6D19-444F-8DFE-8E9233FD750A.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 971
To update to Mojave 10.14.4 we always recommend updating Clover on the Mojave SSD. Always backup the full O/S disk and EFI partition before updating.

You may download the standalone Clover installer and apply it to the Mojave SSD. Then see if the problem persists.

To update to Mojave 10.14.4 we always recommend updating Clover on the Mojave SSD. Always backup the full O/S disk and EFI partition before updating.

You may download the standalone Clover installer and apply it to the Mojave SSD. Then see if the problem persists.
I updated clover then tried to update the system again but get stuck at the same place. Now if I boot back into 10.14.2 I’m stuck and 1080p and 4K 30Hz doesn’t work anymore.

Lots of ntfs errors in the log...

Some suggestions:
  • Have you tried booting from USB install disk? Press F12 at BIOS splash screen and choose the USB. Then select "Boot macOS from Mojave" as usual.
  • If this works, mount EFI partition of Mojave SSD and try to examine the CLOVER folder. If you have a known good backup of the CLOVER folder, you can copy it back.
  • Also try disconnecting all Windows (NTFS) drives while doing the update. Not sure if that will make any difference, but will reduce the list of errors in the boot log.

Lots of ntfs errors in the log...

Some suggestions:
  • Have you tried booting from USB install disk? Press F12 at BIOS splash screen and choose the USB. Then select "Boot macOS from Mojave" as usual.
  • If this works, mount EFI partition of Mojave SSD and try to examine the CLOVER folder. If you have a known good backup of the CLOVER folder, you can copy it back.
  • Also try disconnecting all Windows (NTFS) drives while doing the update. Not sure if that will make any difference, but will reduce the list of errors in the boot log.
I can still boot into 10.4.2 so I don’t think it’s the boot loader but I’ll try booting from an install usb anyway.

I can still boot into 10.4.2 so I don’t think it’s the boot loader but I’ll try booting from an install usb anyway.
The log also shows:

Unsupported CPU
Unsupported PCH

In post #3 you said you get stuck when you boot into 10.14.2 and there's no 1080p or 4K display. So if you're really able to boot into 10.14.2, feel free to compress/upload the CLOVER folder from Mojave SSD EFI partition (remove serial numbers from SMBIOS).

The log also shows:

Unsupported CPU
Unsupported PCH

In post #3 you said you get stuck when you boot into 10.14.2 and there's no 1080p or 4K display. So if you're really able to boot into 10.14.2, feel free to compress/upload the CLOVER folder from Mojave SSD EFI partition (remove serial numbers from SMBIOS).
Here's my EFI Partition

Attachments

• EFI copy.zip
    15.8 MB · Views: 276
Here's my EFI Partition
Is this EFI from the Mojave SSD or from USB? If it's from Mojave SSD I see a few issues...
  • Inject Kexts should be set to Detect (in System Parameters)
  • Latest versions of Lilu and WhateverGreen should be installed in /Library/Extensions
  • SMBIOS is not fully filled out and Trust flag is not enabled
  • The ACPI section is empty except for Merge Headers. This is not necessarily an issue, but rare.

Is this EFI from the Mojave SSD or from USB? If it's from Mojave SSD I see a few issues...
  • Inject Kexts should be set to Detect (in System Parameters)
  • Latest versions of Lilu and WhateverGreen should be installed in /Library/Extensions
  • SMBIOS is not fully filled out and Trust flag is not enabled
  • The ACPI section is empty except for Merge Headers. This is not necessarily an issue, but rare.

It is from the Majove SSD. What should I add to SMBIOS and ACPI?

It is from the Majove SSD. What should I add to SMBIOS and ACPI?
Because you're using iMac14,2 as the system definition in SMBIOS, it may be best to continue using it if you have already logged in to iCloud and registered your software licenses.

So the suggestion is as follows:
  • Save the current Serial Number and Board Serial Number.
  • Run Clover Configurator, Mount EFI partition, open config.plist.
  • From SMBIOS, click the little pop-up button to the right of the Trust checkbox.
  • From the huge pop-up menu that appears, choose iMac14,2.
  • Now every single box in SMBIOS will be filled out.
  • You will have a new serial number and new board serial number.
  • Copy the old Serial Number and Board Serial Number into these two respective fields (you want to continue using the old numbers).
  • Check-on the Trust flag in SMBIOS.
  • In System Parameters, set Inject Kexts to Detect.
  • Ensure you have latest Lilu and WhateverGreen copied both to CLOVER/kexts/Other and to /Library/Extensions. Run Kext Utility to rebuild kernel cache.
  • The only change to ACPI section at this time would be to add "Change SAT0 to SATA" from "List of Patches" pop-up menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back