Contribute
Register

Stuck on Downloading messages (iMessage)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP 8300 CMT
CPU
Intel i5-3470 @ 3.2Ghz
Graphics
EVGA Nvidia 1050TI SC 4GB
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi I've tried finding this issue on the forum but I couldn't seem to find it (maybe I'm blind) but basically I have a working setup of 10.13.5 on my system and iMessages itself from what I can see works (It logs in, It syncs current messages that I send to myself on my iPhone and the system) but when I choose to sync messages with iCloud it just hangs on Downloading messages.

I've tried unselecting it and rebooting to no availe. Not a huge problem but would be nice to have if anyone else has come across this.

Thanks

Same here... I can see the message "Transferring messages from iCloud", but I see no new message showing up. All other functions of iMessage seems to be working normally, and sync among my other devices is working fine.

Ah ok, Good to know it's not just me. Idk if Apple changed anything when they added iMessage cloud for IOS and sync on MacOS was only for MacOS. Sounds dumb but I've not done too much tooling around with iMessage to know for sure just throwing out theories at this point.

Hi I've tried finding this issue on the forum but I couldn't seem to find it (maybe I'm blind) but basically I have a working setup of 10.13.5 on my system and iMessages itself from what I can see works (It logs in, It syncs current messages that I send to myself on my iPhone and the system) but when I choose to sync messages with iCloud it just hangs on Downloading messages.

I've tried unselecting it and rebooting to no availe. Not a huge problem but would be nice to have if anyone else has come across this.

Thanks
Same for me.

Similar issues here. What I'm finding is that iMessage on macOS is not syncing completely. So, if I'm having a conversation on my iPad, the message that syncs to macOS only shows my side of the conversation (excluding the other person). Also, group chat may only show the last statement of the entire conversation.

iPad and iPhone work perfectly together, I wonder if this is an issue with the macOS implementation of iMessage in the cloud or if there's something with the Hackintosh setup that's throwing it for a loop?

Similar issues here. What I'm finding is that iMessage on macOS is not syncing completely. So, if I'm having a conversation on my iPad, the message that syncs to macOS only shows my side of the conversation (excluding the other person). Also, group chat may only show the last statement of the entire conversation.

iPad and iPhone work perfectly together, I wonder if this is an issue with the macOS implementation of iMessage in the cloud or if there's something with the Hackintosh setup that's throwing it for a loop?

OK - I solved my problem with the help of this thread.

I basically went step-by-step all the way through, but I jumped over the section of changing/validating the serial number. Reason being, I knew I had a valid serial number as Messages worked before. Here's the part that I *think* is what was killing it - I found out my SMBIOS had more than one missing value, INCLUDING a missing UUID.

After I made the appropriate edits in the SMBIOS, restarted and was back in business immediately.

I had initially avoided the suggested thread because I was wary of changing too much in the SMBIOS, as I know that has caused Messages lockouts from Apple in the past (i.e. invalid serial numbers/motherboard combos). Turns out that something had either corrupted or replaced values during an upgrade (or maybe even a power outage?). In any case, glad to report that the answer is indeed out there, you just may need to retrace your steps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back