Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
gigabyte x79-up5
CPU
i7 4820k
Graphics
gtx 760
I had mojave installed and everything was working fine with nvidia acceleration i decided to update to catalina and now it is stuck on boot
When i boot with -v it seems like its is working then it exits from -v and gets stuck at apple logo with bar almost full
The specifications of my pc are available in my account and i attached a link of the video of the boot process

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 117
The -x stops it from even starting error loading kernel cache 0x9

Hi wajdl, did you solve the problem?

No but if you have the same problem try to connect to your screen using hdmi and tell me if it works

I fixed the issue turns out i just needed to wait at this screen till the update finishes if you have the same problem just leave your pc open for about half an hour

im going to attach my efi file if anyone needs it
Motherboard : gigabyte x79-up4
CPU intel i7 4770k
Graphics gigabyte nvidia geforce gtx 760

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    7.8 MB · Views: 178
I fixed the issue turns out i just needed to wait at this screen till the update finishes if you have the same problem just leave your pc open for about half an hour
Did the hard drive light show any activity while you were waiting? I'm having the same issue.

Did the hard drive light show any activity while you were waiting? I'm having the same issue.
YEs it was blinking probably writing data also the partition was named Mac OS install in clover

I had mojave installed and everything was working fine with nvidia acceleration i decided to update to catalina and now it is stuck on boot
When i boot with -v it seems like its is working then it exits from -v and gets stuck at apple logo with bar almost full
The specifications of my pc are available in my account and i attached a link of the video of the boot process
Скриншот 31-01-2020 15.06.45.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back