Contribute
Register

Stuck on Bluetooth after first install of El Capitan on SSD (X99, 980ti)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Through USB with Clover I was able to install El Capitan to my SSD. After first install I boot back to my USB with Clover and try to boot from the SSD to complete the installation process but I keep getting hung up at "Missing Bluetooth Controller Support" and "Architecture couldn't be recognized! PWC_BOOT_0". I've tried many variations and combos of nv_disable=1, nv_drv=1, and npci=0x3000. From what I read I understand that it is probably something with the 980ti not being able to display the installation page to complete. Do I need to inject the Nvidia drivers somehow? I've tried adding that to clover in the configurator but it doesn't seem to help. Completely out of ideas to try. Any help would be much appreciated. (P.S. Sorry its rotated sideways :oops:) IMG_1708.jpg

Yes, the BT line seems a place where video gets hung a lot. Can you boot using the MB video output (pull the card), and disable Nvidia driver as you did, and then install web drivers, if your card requires them?

tick all dsdt in clover

Hmm. This is interesting then. I am still getting stuck at the same point even with nv_disable=1 on. Maybe it's something else.

I will look into removing the Bluetooth support completely as I do not have it or use it at all on my mobo anyways.

Thanks a ton for the help.

I have a similar issue on an Asrock x99 board, although for me it also happens when trying to boot into the USB installer. For me ultimately the only way around it was to temporarily use a graphics card that's supported natively, install OS X and then the nvidia drivers, then switch back to my 980. In your case there may be a simpler solution since the installer at least seems to boot fine. But if not, buying a cheap natively supported GPU secondhand may be an option.

Problem Sovled everybody! Thanks for the help.

The issue was with my injecting Kexts and FakeSMC I believe. Started over from scratch and now working properly.

-Scotty

Great. Any time you see that BT line hang in verbose, the issue is a video driver.

Good instructions from TimeLord.

Hi Scotty, can you please explain us how did you managed it?? Did you use another gpu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back