Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ga-z97x-ud7 th
CPU
i7 4790K
Graphics
AMD HD 7970
Hello,

I have what was a solid build that is now apparently bricked after updating to 10.12.4

• Updated via App Store, installed as normal.
  • 1st Reboot loaded just fine except my Thunderbolt device didn't load.
  • Rebooted into BIOS to double check Thunderbolt settings
  • System failed to reboot, stuck on Gigabyte Splash screen
  • Removed all PCIe cards all but one RAM stick.
  • Computer now won't even show a display.
This all screams of hardware failure but the timing is suspect.

Any thoughts?

I've been unable to move on to 10.12.4 freezing after or during update from App Store.
For me GA-Z87X-UD4H I am now staying with version 10.12.3 (16D32) until I move on from my Hackintosh hobby.
I'm migrating to Windows 10 on all devices, can no longer play the OSX update lottery. It's been a wild ride though.

Did you update Clover before you updated via the App Store?
Updated Clover Required for Kext Injection in macOS 10.12.4

Thanks BreBo for the information. Probably for the OP but this is what I had been missing, not sure why I went full 'smooth brain'.
I manually updated BOOTX64.efi and after some battling over the BIOS, had to boot using Windows 10 to get past the frozen BIOS splash screen. I was able to flash the BIOS to a backup and could boot into OSX through Clover and the update 'second stage' to 10.12.4 continued, about 12 minutes to desktop, updated Nvidia Driver and rebooted to a normal OS.
Still I'm not sure if my old brain can cope with the stress of these updates, I'll dual boot for now. Thanks again anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back