Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Updated successfully but upon reboot stuck on apple screen

Help please

At the bootloader screen (the screen with tonymacx86 apple that shows up when you boot), type -v and then select your Mac hard drive. This turns on verbose mode. Tell us what verbose mode says before your bootup gets stuck.

OK..I got a stop at PCI Config Begin

Update: Problem solved. for some unknown reason I had to unplug my bluetooth dongle.
Booted up ok with update installed. Booted again and all went well??

Thanks for the support

DennisM said:

Help please

Try Rebooting Without The Graphics Card Worked For Me :headbang: the Re Install Chimera and boot With The Graphics Card... :beachball:

Hey, I'm using a Thinkpad x220 Tablet with sandy bridge i7. I installed SL from the retail DVD with iBoot. After the installation i ran UpdateHelper and did a reboot. Then I installed the combo update to 10.6.8. After the another reboot I always get a kernel panic, when the module VoodooPS2SynapticsTouchPad is loaded.

Any ideas how to fix this?
Cheers

Tom

Kouran said:
Hey, I'm using a Thinkpad x220 Tablet with sandy bridge i7. I installed SL from the retail DVD with iBoot. After the installation i ran UpdateHelper and did a reboot. Then I installed the combo update to 10.6.8. After the another reboot I always get a kernel panic, when the module VoodooPS2SynapticsTouchPad is loaded.

Any ideas how to fix this?
Cheers

Tom

I can't help, but I'd also like to know the solution to this.

I just (2 days ago) got a X220 (non tablet) and will be putting SL on it soon... Thanks in advance for everyone's help! This site is invaluable!

Sincerely,

William

DennisM said:

Help please

Same problem here.
I am having trouble after installing SL. I used the iboot + multibeast guide to install SL 10.6 from an original DVD. After the installation, I runned the combo update for 10.6.7 and then multibeast using the DSDT from the database from this site, then rebooted my system.
After the reboot, it freezes at the gray apple logo with white background. I tried booting with iboot (wich is strange cause it boots with no trouble at all) and reinstalling multibeast after deleting the extra folder with no luck.

Does someone have any solution for this?

I also tried the method descripted here in step 6, but when i want to do this:
"Open up a new Finder window (right-click on the Finder icon and choose "New Finder Window"), and go to the main hard drive. Copy the files "mach_kernel" and "smbios.plist" from the "Extra" folder in Preboot.dmg into the main hard drive. Overwrite any files necessary"
the system won't let me copy the files into the hdd root, the pop up says it's an invisible file and I can't overwrite it.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back