Contribute
Register

Stuck on Apple Screen after Installing Yosemite (Z97X-UDH5, GTX 750Ti, i5 4690)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97X-UDH5
CPU
Intel i5 4690
Graphics
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 750 Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey Guys,

New to the forums and to the Hackintosh builds!

I've made a few Windows based machines in the past, and thought I might give a Hackintosh a try.

I have:
Gigabyte Z97X-UDH5
Intel i5 4690
LG Blu Ray Re-Writer
TPLink WiFi card
Corsair RM650

I've been able to get through the boot loader, and installing of OSX Yosemite okay (with the help of the forum), but now I'm at a bit of a loss..

I'm currently stuck at the Grey Apple Logo screen with the progress bar reaching about 1/3 of the way before stopping. Been having a gander, and can't seem to find an answer to the problem....

Any help appreciated!

Hey Guys,

New to the forums and to the Hackintosh builds!

I've made a few Windows based machines in the past, and thought I might give a Hackintosh a try.

I have:
Gigabyte Z97X-UDH5
Intel i5 4690
LG Blu Ray Re-Writer
TPLink WiFi card
Corsair RM650

I've been able to get through the boot loader, and installing of OSX Yosemite okay (with the help of the forum), but now I'm at a bit of a loss..

I'm currently stuck at the Grey Apple Logo screen with the progress bar reaching about 1/3 of the way before stopping. Been having a gander, and can't seem to find an answer to the problem....

Any help appreciated!

Try booting with "dart=0 nv_disable=1 -f -v", if the booting stuck with messages on screen then capture and post a clear photo of the entire frozen screen.

Try booting with "dart=0 nv_disable=1 -f -v", if the booting stuck with messages on screen then capture and post a clear photo of the entire frozen screen.

Awesome! That worked a treat :D.

Now to get through the MultiBeast fun times......

Awesome! That worked a treat :D.

Now to get through the MultiBeast fun times......

Try with below options,

DSDT Free
3rd Party SATA
Intel Generic AHCI SATA
FakeSMC
AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset
Chimera v4.1.0
Basic Boot Options
Hibernate Mode - Desktop
Kext Dev Mode
iMac14,2

Before reboot install NVIDIA Web Driver and ensure that the nvda_drv=1 flag is present on org.chameleon.boot.plist file.

Then reboot OS X and check booting from HDD/SSD.

Note:- If you had installed the OS X on a SSD, then instead of 3rd Party SATA & Intel Generic AHCI SATA choose appropriate TRIM Patch.

Try with below options,

DSDT Free
3rd Party SATA
Intel Generic AHCI SATA
FakeSMC
AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset
Chimera v4.1.0
Basic Boot Options
Hibernate Mode - Desktop
Kext Dev Mode
iMac14,2

Before reboot install NVIDIA Web Driver and ensure that the nvda_drv=1 flag is present on org.chameleon.boot.plist file.

Then reboot OS X and check booting from HDD/SSD.

Note:- If you had installed the OS X on a SSD, then instead of 3rd Party SATA & Intel Generic AHCI SATA choose appropriate TRIM Patch.

I've gone through MultiBeast, and have done what you said.
I've downloaded and installed the Web Driver for 10.10.4
Only thing I can't seem to find (how to add to the plist) is the nvda_drv=1 flag. I can't seem to see it in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist file.... I'm assuming I'll have to add it in myself, but I'm not too sure of the code...

I've gone through MultiBeast, and have done what you said.
I've downloaded and installed the Web Driver for 10.10.4
Only thing I can't seem to find (how to add to the plist) is the nvda_drv=1 flag. I can't seem to see it in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist file.... I'm assuming I'll have to add it in myself, but I'm not too sure of the code...

Add it like below,

<key>Kernel Flag</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1</string>

Is the installation has been done to a SSD or HDD??

Is the installation has been done to a SSD or HDD??

It was done to the SSD. I changed the Trim to 10.10.3 instead of the 3rd Party SATA check.

It was done to the SSD. I changed the Trim to 10.10.3 instead of the 3rd Party SATA check.

As you have installed 10.10.4, TRIM can be enabled with below command (run it on Terminal.app).

Code:
sudo trimforce enable

As you have installed 10.10.4, TRIM can be enabled with below command (run it on Terminal.app).

Code:
sudo trimforce enable

Cool beans. I've now done that, and the computer has restarted. I'm now stuck with Apple Progress bar again, booting extremely slowly... any ideas?

Cool beans. I've now done that, and the computer has restarted. I'm now stuck with Apple Progress bar again, booting extremely slowly... any ideas?

Check the progress of the booting by using flag -v, If the booting stuck somewhere for long time then post a photo of the screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back