Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My system:
Gigabyte B360 Aorus gaming 3 Wifi
I5-8600k
8gb crucial ram
No GPU

Completely new to hackintosh to please simplify any suggestions

I’ve looked across the website and can’t find a thread similar to this.

Upon trying to install from Clover, I am greeted immediately with the Apple logo, with no progress bar, and it simply reboots. I’ve selected “don’t reboot on panic” and the screen is now frozen on the Apple logo.

After Clover, I saw no text or anything, it just went straight to the Apple logo.

What am I doing wrong?

Last edited:
Thank you, having done so, this is what shows up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 81
Thank you for your reply, I had tried this and now get a similar error, where do I go from here?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 59
Thank you for your reply, I had tried this and now get a similar error, where do I go from here?
  • Please upload CLOVER from the macOSMojave USB Installer using the bulleted steps here: #4
  • Is the 8gb crucial RAM a Single Module? or 2X4GB
  • Can you show where (Slot #) you have installed the 8GM RAM with reference to the MoBO Image uploaded ?

Attachments

• 1.RAM installed?.png
    1.RAM installed?.png
    605.4 KB · Views: 63
Thanks for the reply again, it is a single 8gb crucial ram stick, and it is in slot #1.
Here is my clover zip.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 57
Thanks for the reply again, it is a single 8gb crucial ram stick, and it is in slot #1.
Here is my clover zip.
davidmoakes,
    Unfortunately your CLOVER has serious flaws and can cause the problem you saw on the verbose boot screen and more to come.
  • I have taken a screen shot of your CLOVERFileTree and annotated problems I've found.
  • I did not take a detailed look at your config.plist on account of the above flaws.
  • But whatever I saw shows the config.plist also needs an overall editing
  • Since config.plist is a "shorthand" version of CLOVER/drivers64 +drivers64UEFI+kexts/Other contents, only after you fix them, one can fix config.plist.

Thank you.

I've changed some bits and have uploaded my Clover.zip again, my question would be the ''other folder''. Which kexts do I need in that?

I am now getting the common 'end randomseed' screen with what I have.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Thank you.

I've changed some bits and have uploaded my Clover.zip again, my question would be the ''other folder''. Which kexts do I need in that?

I am now getting the common 'end randomseed' screen with what I this.
Every time yo see problem in Verbose boot, take a photo and share .
  • Try the uploaded edited Clover.zip after unzip & extract CLOVER to replace the CLOVER in your USB installer's EFI Partition's EFI Folder.
Edited to to answer the question about Other folder
  • The Other Folder is where CLOVER boot loader looks for kexts (Drivers) of important hardware to boot the macOS installer Disk
  • These hardware usually includes USB controllers, Graphics , Ethernet etc.
  • To find out what controllers you have you need to read the MoBo manual or a lot of other sources.
  • Once you know the Chips of each of theses devices , you start hunting for kexts that would help to use theseshardware as Apple won't have Native kexts for them.
  • Similarly only a limited number of add on Graphics have support in Mojave.
  • Nvidia cards previously supported in macOS versions up to macOSHigh Sierra 10.13.6 with Web drivers are NO LONGER SUPPORTED in Mojave and will remain a big paper- weight occupying the PCIE slots of your MoBo
  • Kexts and Efi files are areas of great changes with each newer MoBo/CPU from Windows we use to make Hackintosh.
  • Advent of Lilu and WhateverGreen.kext to simplify Hackintosh is still in a flux.
  • Current 300 Series Motherboards have created a big mess for everyone trying to build Hackintosh.
  • The various versions of these boards from different Manufacturers follow different rules and cause Panic boot a common thing in Hackintosh Installation.
  • drivers64UEFI folder contents require Hackintosh gymnastics to enable booting in different Motherboards.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back