Contribute
Register

Stuck on Apple logo while installing Snow Leopard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see anything from the screen shot that I can better advise for you to try. If @Going Bald is able to better advise later when he is available then that might help.

Try -v -x

Go over the motherboard BIOS settings and check everything is looking OK.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/snow-leopard-wont-boot-from-iboot-disc.155688/

-v -x got me way farther that anything else so far. It started to load a bunch of stuff, but then it froze on "machine-check capabilitie_"

I've gone over the BIOS settings, and the only thing I think might be off would be the HPET. On my mobo, the only avaible option is enabled/disabled. There's another sub-menu for HPET configuration, but it's greyed out.

So I went ahead and tried "-x -v npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=0", And this is what I ended up with.

Attachments

• IMG_20170209_131943.jpg
    IMG_20170209_131943.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 68
try with the following BIOS settings:
Extreme Tweaker ->Internal PLL overvoltage = Disabled
Advanced->Storage Configuration->SATA Mode = AHCI
Advanced->System Agent Configuration-> VT-d = Disabled
Advanced->Legacy USB Support = Enabled
Advanced->xHCI Mode->Auto
Boot->Fast Boot = Disabled
Boot->SATA Support = All Devices
Boot->CSM = Enable
Boot->Secure Boot->Other OS (or Disable if possible)

use boot-arg -v only and post pic if it hangs

Boot->CSM = Enable

Che
Boot->CSM = Enable

That got it working! Thank you so much!

So I might have celebrated a bit too early. The installation went well, but I think I might have used the wrong settings in Multibeast. What settings would you recommend for my setup? Note: I use a wired internet connection.

So I might have celebrated a bit too early. The installation went well, but I think I might have used the wrong settings in Multibeast. What settings would you recommend for my setup? Note: I use a wired internet connection.
More likely you need to tweak the config.plist MultiBeast installs. Try mount the EFI partition of the install USB and copy config.plist to desktop, eject USB. Then mount the SSD/HDD EFI partition and replace the Clover config.plist with the one on the desktop to begin with. You know it will boot your hardware since you installed from it.

I'm not quite sure what you mean. Did I miss a step in the installation process? I only used a flash drive to copy multibeast and the combo update.

I'm not quite sure what you mean. Did I miss a step in the installation process? I only used a flash drive to copy multibeast and the combo update.
You do realize you cannot run 10.6 on Haswell hardware and get 100% utilization, do you not?
The only reason you can install is the kernel patch applied in the iBoot Haswell disk.
The only reason to install 10.6 is to be able to update to 10.6.8 to get the app store and download the latest version of Mac OS.
If you can boot with iBoot, boot SL to desktop and reach the App Store then you can count it a success and download/install 10.11.5 or 10.12.x

Ohhhhh that makes sense. I've got another problem though. It won't boot while I have the ethernet enabled.

Ohhhhh that makes sense. I've got another problem though. It won't boot while I have the ethernet enabled.
This is probably due to an incompatibility between your NIC chip and the network kexts for haswell boards. Not something I can help you with. Suggest a known to work USB->cat5e network dongle or USB WiFi until you can get Sierra downloaded and installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back