Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Maximus VII Hero
CPU
Intel I7-4790k
Graphics
Zotac GTX 980 Ti Amp Extreme edition
Hello! The title should be pretty self explanatory. I'm trying to install Snow Leopard, but it always seems to freeze once I get to the Apple logo. I've already tried some of the tips on the installation guide, but none of them have worked. Trying safe mode even gave me a kernel panic. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here are my specs:
CPU: Intel i7-4790k
RAM: 32gb of ADATA XGRP (I think)
GPU: Zotac GTX 980 To
MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Hero

Just tried that, but I'm still stuck on the same screen.

Minimise the issues with other possible hardware.

Disconnect all other SSD and HHDs from the motherboard.
Use a DVD drive connected to the last numbered sata port.
All other connections/peripherals should be limited to USB keyboard/mouse and a digital connection between motherboard port and your monitor (no 15 pin d-sub). Remove any wifi cards that are not macOS compatible. Perhaps worth trying with a single RAM stick installed during this process as well.

Minimise the issues with other possible hardware.

Disconnect all other SSD and HHDs from the motherboard.
Use a DVD drive connected to the last numbered sata port.
All other connections/peripherals should be limited to USB keyboard/mouse and a digital connection between motherboard port and your monitor (no 15 pin d-sub). Remove any wifi cards that are not macOS compatible. Perhaps worth trying with a single RAM stick installed during this process as well.

Making some progress!
This is what I got after doing what you said + safe mode. It appears to be frozen now though.

Attachments

• IMG_20170209_110126.jpg
    IMG_20170209_110126.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 85
That didn't seem to change anything...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back