Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
  2. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
1st time Hackintosher, long time listener...

I built a Kabylake system in the same vain as other builds I've seen out and around here. Can't seem to get past "Still Waiting For Root Device". Any thoughts? I've included my config file. I'm willing to do the research, I'm just running up against a brick wall right now. Please help!!

Attachments

• config.plist
    9.8 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_1026.jpg
    IMG_1026.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1025.jpg
    IMG_1025.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 59
Can't seem to get past "Still Waiting For Root Device".

"Still waiting for root device".
When installing this means that your USB flash drive cannot be found.
This is usually because the flash drive is in a USB3 port.
If this is the case move it to a USB2 port, if it is already in a USB2 port move it to another and try again.
Repeat until you have tried all USB ports.
Use a USB2 flash drive.
If it still doesn't work you could try another flash drive.
You might also try enabling Legacy on your USB3 ports in your BIOS settings.

ig-platform-id 0x19160000 is for Intel graphics, don't use it with an Nvidia graphics card..

"Still waiting for root device".
When installing this means that your USB flash drive cannot be found.
This is usually because the flash drive is in a USB3 port.
If this is the case move it to a USB2 port, if it is already in a USB2 port move it to another and try again.
Repeat until you have tried all USB ports.
Use a USB2 flash drive.
If it still doesn't work you could try another flash drive.
You might also try enabling Legacy on your USB3 ports in your BIOS settings.

Thanks for the quick reply!!! I will try some different ports, but I don't have any USB 2.0 ports unfortunately. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the quick reply!!! I will try some different ports, but I don't have any USB 2.0 ports unfortunately. Any suggestions?
Yes, read what I posted.

A useful trick is to plug a USB2 hub into a USB3 port and then your flash drive into the hub.

Any suggestions?
You should use FakeCPUID 0x0506E3 in your config.plist too (if you aren't already) although this should not have any bearing on your "Still waiting for root device" issue.

Yes, that's the CPUID that I've been using. I've now tried all the USB ports, and no luck and I don't have anymore USB sticks. Going to the store tomorrow. Any suggested brands?

I see that your config.plist has disabled VBoxHfs, have you installed HFSPlus instead ?

I see that your config.plist has disabled VBoxHfs, have you installed HFSPlus instead ?
Honestly I did not make a conscious choice one way or another. Do you have an suggestion? Your USB 2.0 hub trick seems to be working. I'm currently at

"IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 2, hs0, bs 0, now0, sm 0x0" but it's been here for ~10min. This thing's probably hung right?

Attachments

• IMG_1030.jpg
    IMG_1030.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 61
I'm currently at "IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 2, hs0, bs 0, now0, sm 0x0" but it's been here for ~10min. This thing's probably hung right?
Yes, when you see that it's stuck.

Attach your config.plist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back