Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4
CPU
Intel Core i7 4.0 GHZ 6 Core
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2GB
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Hey guys, very new to all this but have inherited a machine running Chimera 4.1 with Yosemite.. Well I got the computer stuck by resetting PRAM the traditional Mac way because of something I'd read. Overall however I'd like to install Clover and upgrade to Sierra. It doesn't bother me to lose any files as I had already backed them up. Created a bootable USB using Unibeast with Clover Legacy Mode. Can get to that screen on the boot but if I try to boot Sierra from USB it just goes to a black screen and reboots the computer.

Honestly if I could get the computer to boot up in Yosemite I'd be happy but at this point I can't even do that.

I ran in verbose mode and came up with several different ending messages.
One being Sandbox: mDNSResponder (84) deny mach-lookup com.apple.coreservices.quarantine-resolver
above that it says Warning: Couldn't block sleep during cahce update and further up Failed to open swap file 30

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

@joshsmith3400, please update your profile (personal details) with your build (Motherboard, CPU and Graphics Card).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

@BreBo Sorry! Just got that updated! Thanks in advance for any help. Not sure on geekbench score, but other info is correct

Thanks!

Any help guys?

Hello :)

Well first up check your BIOS settings and compare them with the standard set-up guides here.

For Sierra - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.200564/

STEP3 lists them.

Using Clover is the only way for the latest OS, but if you prefer Chimera and Legacy and Yosemite there are guides too but basically the BIOS settings should be much the same.

Your graphics card could then be preventing a visible boot. I'm not 100% sure (because I've never seen one) but believe your card will NEED the Nvidia web-drivers. Set BIOS to Initiate PCIe graphics first but still have iGPU (Intel) set to Auto.

Boot to UniBeast with a "nv_disable=1" command-line option (no quotation marks). You'll get stuttery video which is un-accelerated but should get you to a desktop. Once there you can install the correct version of Nvidia's web-drivers for the OS you choose and reboot without the extra command-line option.

Let us know how you get on. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back