Contribute
Register

Stuck on apple logo (from USB installer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus P5Ql pro
CPU
Xeon > Need number & model > See Rules!
Graphics
9600M GT
Hello friends, I have been doing all the tests that I have been able to find here and on the internet for more than a week and I am already running out of ideas.

It must be that my computer is not compatible with Catalina ?? or am I doing something wrong?

I have also tried with Mojave and it seems that I have the same results .. "stuck in the apple logo just after trying to start the installation from the USB"

I am not a complete novice (following tutorials), years ago I made my first hakintosh thanks to this site using Mountain Lion, then after a few years when the applications start to aske me to have a more new version of OSX for run, then I got up the courage again and I did the hakintosh With Mavericks, after a few years the same thing happened to me and I managed to do the El Capitan hakintosh one time more thanks to this site and tha guides on it.

ALL HAKINTOSH ALWAYS WAS INTALLED WITH THE SAME COMPUTER HARWARE.

Now that the years have passed again, there are already programs that ask me for much newer versions of OSX.
I braced myself again and decided to install Catalina (to be able to be a few years more calm without the annoying compatibilities of the OSX with the programs) ,,

but there is no way to get to the installer os Catalina runing.

Following Catalina's guide, I create my USB as always based on "Legacy Boot Mode" and "inject Nvidia" , but no matter how many different configurations I try later on on the menu "pressing space" on Clover, I am not able to make the installer start this time.

Someone knows what is happening? Maybe I am wasting my time and there is no possible way for it to work with the equipment I have been using Mountain lion, maverichks and el capitan all this time ??

I suppose that if it was always worked perfectly, it is because the "hardware I have is compatible with MAC" ,,, but after weeks trying to install Catalina and Mojave without positive results and same problem (stuck at the logo) ,, I already have my doubts.

My computer is this:
Motherboard: Asus P5Q
Processor : Quad-Core Xenon 2,4GHz
RAM: 8GB
Graphic card: nvidia Geforce 9600 GT

here some screen shots of my hardware i use in the PC were i try to install catalina.
Screen Shot 2021-05-12 at 00.45.40.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-12 at 00.47.20.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-12 at 00.47.57.png

These are the screenshots of what appears to me in Clover using the -v option
IMG_4260.JPG

and stop there.. (nothing else happen nometter how much time i left it)

It does not pass the apple logo :(
IMG_4261.JPG

I would greatly welcome any ideas or help.
Thank you lot in advance to any one who can help me on that.
and I apologize for my bad English.

Last edited:
Two things you could do.

1. Get a newer graphics card that has support in Catalina.
2. Upgrade your whole system to something 5 or more years newer than what you have now. The Intel P43 chipset is way past it's prime. It's not going to keep working with newer macOS versions forever. In my opinion, it's foolish to be using anything older than Ivy Bridge or Haswell systems with Catalina/Big Sur.

The P43 chipset was released in early 2008 ! That's 13 years ago.

Screen_Shot_27.png

Last edited:
Two things you could do. 1. Get a newer graphics card that has support in Catalina. 2. Upgrade your whole system to something 5 or more years newer than what you have now. The Intel P43 chipset is way past it's prime. It's not going to keep working with newer macOS versions forever.
Thank you very mucho trs96 for your reply.

So that's why there is no way to make it work ..
I should have asked before .. it would have saved me these weeks of trying and trying without result.

So the problem is that some "hardware" of my pc is not compatible ..

I know that my equipment is very old, but the truth is that it continues to work very well even with El Capitan.

I ask two questions, in case you know the answer:

Maybe just by changing the graphics card I could install Catalina or Mojave?
(even if the setup goes to the limit of its capabilities)
**Edit: Reading again your answer, i understand , yes, just replacing the grafic card for one compatible it shud work.. Any Recomendation of a Grafic card compatible with my mainboard i can chose?.. Tanks again sir

With the current setup, what do you think would be the highest operating system that I could install?

Thanks again for the valuable help sir

just by changing the graphics card I could install Catalina or Mojave?
Yes, but only in legacy mode. You don't have UEFI with a board that old.
With the current setup, what do you think would be the highest operating system that I could install?
Possibly High Sierra. I have no idea when the 9600 GT lost support. You could research that.

Yes, but only in legacy mode. You don't have UEFI with a board that old.

Possibly High Sierra. I have no idea when the 9600 GT lost support. You could research that.
ok thanks again trs96, now knowing what you tell me, I will do a research on the graphic card, so I will try to install the most updated hardware that allows me, maybe I am lucky and I can run the program I like to use.

Also thank you very much for updating your second post, very valuable information. The truth is that I bought this computer many many years ago and it has never given me a single problem in all this years (included the power found). (It was worth it 1000%, maybe that's why I love it so much and I want to keep using it until it explote .. ahahaha)

Undoubtedly, perhaps it is time to renew everything and mount a new "good" Mr. Hakintosh that is up to the demands of these times .. but this is a project what i need to start to save some $$ first.. if i change i wan something wat is going to work again many many years like this old one. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back