Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI MPG Z390 gaming plus
CPU
Intel Core I7 9700K
Graphics
Nvidia Quadro K2200
After a big damage of my PC (Hackintosh with El Capitan was well installed), I had to replace motherboard and ssd harddrive (when OS was installed).
I kept the Unibeast usb key (used to install ElCaptain on old configuration). I followed Bios reccomended settings.
The following reccomended settings (on Tonymacx86 El Capitan guide) seem to be not present on my motherboard bios:

5. If your system has Secure Boot Mode, disable it
6. Set OS Type to Other OS
9. If you have a 6 series or x58 system with AWARD BIOS, disable USB 3.0

I set the boot from the usb key (using usb2.0 port) and Clover menu appears.
I run start Macosx from USB and after that the screen stucks on Apple logo (sometimes Apple logo is replaced by prohibition logo).
Can you help me?
Thank you!

Bad news.
Is there some operation I can try?
Additional information: I performed boot in verbose mode (see attached report)
In fact my idea was to start one time El Capitan and after that to download a newer OS...
The macbook I used to perform the hackintosh is no longer available.
How can I install a Hackintosh on my new hardware? What do you suggest?

Attachments

• Boot failed log.jpeg
    Boot failed log.jpeg
    124.1 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Dormouse,

I see you're stuck in a bit of dilemma. Looking at your scenario, here's my suggestion.

1) El Capitan is really too old for your hardware. My suggestion would be you should go for something like High Sierra or Catalina. High Sierra should be your first choice, since it has better Nvidia support.

2) If you have no access to a current Hackintosh or Mac, there are scripts and guides available online that allow you to download macOS on Windows and create a USB installer. You can try gibMacos script for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back