Contribute
Register

STUCK ON APPLE LOGO / Clean installing Mac OSX - SL using iBoot/MultiBeast Method / First time Hacki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
OSX 10.9.2
CPU
Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core
Graphics
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey everyone!

So I have ran into a little issue with my first Hackintosh. I would like to preface with the fact that this is my first Hackintosh build but I am fairly knowledgable with PC builds. I own a Macbook Pro so I have complete access to everything I need from a Mac or the internet. I am a video editor and built this hackintosh to be my Home machine. I have included the specs below:

Corsair H60 54.0 CFM Liquid
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD7 TH EATX LGA1150
Crucial Ballistix Tactical 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1600
2x Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" SSD (1 for OSX, 1 for Windows)
Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM (Mac Storage)
Cooler Master HAF X
Corsair 850W ATX12V / EPS12V
LG BH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer
Dell U2412M 24.0"
Apple Keyboard MB110LL/B

The build itself went great, no issues and the Motherboard gave the glorious one beep the first time I turned it on. Then the troubles hit. I was able to install Snow Leopard using iBoot DVD and installing from a flash drive (direct from Apple a few years ago). Everything boots up great, but after installing the Combo Update (10.6.8) when I try to run MultiBeast, the two installers crash. I saw others had this problem so I installed the combo update, restarted my machine, booted back into SL using iboot, and then tried to run MultiBeast. I choose EasyBeast since I have the newest Gigabyte motherboards. The installer shows that it successfully installed. When I try to boot directly from the drive I get stuck on the grey screen with the apple logo. I tried again using -v boot flag and it goes through everything, and goes black. I took a video of it so that I could screenshot the last second to see the argument.

Starting Darwin x86_64
Boot Args: boot-uuid=C495E711-AP06-34D8-9574-3AE5230B6C71 rd=*uuid PCIRootUID=1

I tried using different bootflags like -x, PCIRootUID=0, GraphicsEnabler=No to no avail.

I also tried to go straight to Mountain Lion (My preferred system) using UniBeast (followed the instructions from this site to a T) and when I try to boot into that USB I get the exact same argument.

I have also tried all of these steps with and without my graphics card plugged in. There seems to be no difference between the two setups. I only have one SSD drive plugged in while doing this. All RAM is installed and recognized by OS X.

Any help? Anything I could possibly doing wrong? I will take any and all suggestions. Since this is my first time I am SURE I am doing something wrong, I just can't figure out what. Thank you everyone!

System Information.jpgPower Management.jpgPeripherals_2.jpgM.I.T.jpgPeripherals.jpgBIOS Features.jpg

Hey everyone!

So I have ran into a little issue with my first Hackintosh. I would like to preface with the fact that this is my first Hackintosh build but I am fairly knowledgable with PC builds. I own a Macbook Pro so I have complete access to everything I need from a Mac or the internet. I am a video editor and built this hackintosh to be my Home machine. I have included the specs below:

Corsair H60 54.0 CFM Liquid
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD7 TH EATX LGA1150
Crucial Ballistix Tactical 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1600
2x Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" SSD (1 for OSX, 1 for Windows)
Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM (Mac Storage)
Cooler Master HAF X
Corsair 850W ATX12V / EPS12V
LG BH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer
Dell U2412M 24.0"
Apple Keyboard MB110LL/B

The build itself went great, no issues and the Motherboard gave the glorious one beep the first time I turned it on. Then the troubles hit. I was able to install Snow Leopard using iBoot DVD and installing from a flash drive (direct from Apple a few years ago). Everything boots up great, but after installing the Combo Update (10.6.8) when I try to run MultiBeast, the two installers crash. I saw others had this problem so I installed the combo update, restarted my machine, booted back into SL using iboot, and then tried to run MultiBeast. I choose EasyBeast since I have the newest Gigabyte motherboards. The installer shows that it successfully installed. When I try to boot directly from the drive I get stuck on the grey screen with the apple logo. I tried again using -v boot flag and it goes through everything, and goes black. I took a video of it so that I could screenshot the last second to see the argument.

Starting Darwin x86_64
Boot Args: boot-uuid=C495E711-AP06-34D8-9574-3AE5230B6C71 rd=*uuid PCIRootUID=1

I tried using different bootflags like -x, PCIRootUID=0, GraphicsEnabler=No to no avail.

I also tried to go straight to Mountain Lion (My preferred system) using UniBeast (followed the instructions from this site to a T) and when I try to boot into that USB I get the exact same argument.

I have also tried all of these steps with and without my graphics card plugged in. There seems to be no difference between the two setups. I only have one SSD drive plugged in while doing this. All RAM is installed and recognized by OS X.

Any help? Anything I could possibly doing wrong? I will take any and all suggestions. Since this is my first time I am SURE I am doing something wrong, I just can't figure out what. Thank you everyone!

View attachment 88359View attachment 88360View attachment 88361View attachment 88362View attachment 88363View attachment 88364

jerms...

You post has this statement.
Everything boots up great, but after installing the Combo Update (10.6.8) when I try to run MultiBeast, the two installers crash.

We do not use MultiBeast for SNow Leopard when you have haswell hardware as you do.
Please try to connect to the Apple App store after you have installed the combo update installed.

You may need to update the JAVA and Safari components via Apple Software update to download the Mavericks file.

If you have issues w making the USB of Mavericks w UNIBEAST please install this bit of Apple software for OSX SL.
http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1512
this seems to help.

We do not use the video card only the HD video of the CPU
No VGA connectors either we need digital connections from computer to monitor,
Set internal video only and limit the ram it uses to only 64 megs.
We do not use VD-T in the BIOS this should be disabled,
When you boot from iBOOT you need to boot w some start up switches or command prompts...
-v PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No

we have a post for setting internal video on UEFI boards that Tony wrote... I cant find it...

Thanks for all of the help! I do not know how it happened but my question appeared in two separate threads! I was able to fix all of my issues by running multibeast on a stable MacbookPro but installing the changes to the SSD drive mounted externally. I then placed the drive back in my hackintosh and everything booted up flawlessly!

Thanks for all of the help! I do not know how it happened but my question appeared in two separate threads! I was able to fix all of my issues by running multibeast on a stable MacbookPro but installing the changes to the SSD drive mounted externally. I then placed the drive back in my hackintosh and everything booted up flawlessly!

jerms

Well that is one way to do that and accomplish your goals....

Another way would be to use a Hack and follow your example.

Anyways good luck...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back