Contribute
Register

Stuck on Apple Boot screen and can't get past it to install for USB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Maximus VI Extreme Z87
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
3x GTX 770
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have changed all of the following settings in my BIOS of Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3:
In the Advanced BIOS Features:
EFI CD/DVD Boot Option: NON-EFI

In Integrated Peripherals:
PCH SATA Control Mode: AHCI
GSATA3 Controller: Disabled
Onboard Serial Port 1: 3F8/IRQ4
Not sure if one of these need to be changed or if some other BIOS settings need to be changed.

Power Management Setup:
ACPI Suspend Type: S3(STR)
HPET Support: Enabled
HPET Mode: 64-bit mode

My hardware is:
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 (bios version F8)
CPU: Intel Core i7 2600
RAM: 8GB 1600Mhz Corsair Vengeance
Hard Drives: Seagate Barracuda 1TB, Wester Digital 500GB

Been trying to install Mountain Lion on this computer and get no further than the Apple Logo boot screen with a locked Spinning Wheel. Can anyone tell me if there is any other setting to change in the BIOS. I am haveing problems with it now, I installed Snow Leopard before and worked fine with these BIOS Settings. Haven't tried booting using the commands, but I'll try a couple of those. I'll also run verbose and see where I get stuck.

I just updated the motherboard to the UEFI BIOS. Still cannot install from USB and the spinning wheel still gets stuck. I don't understand what it going on now. Although I can't figure how to set the HPET to 64-bit in the BIOS.

I just updated the motherboard to the UEFI BIOS. Still cannot install from USB and the spinning wheel still gets stuck. I don't understand what it going on now. Although I can't figure how to set the HPET to 64-bit in the BIOS.
"Spinning wheel stuck" tells absolutely nothing. Boot with -v and take a pic of the screen where it stops and post it.

Thank you for the reply, but I got it working finally, the HD2000 graphics isn't supported and so I had to buy a GTX 650. Got it up and running though, I knew it had to be an error with the graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back