NVidia GeForce GT 740M/Intel HD 4400
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I've been trying to install Mavericks on a Sony Vaio Fit laptop model number SVF15328CXW in the past few days.
I first tried using UniBeast and then the Vanilla install guide both ending in the same result. I'm getting the dreaded BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/Bootcache.playlist: 2 No such file or directory
panic(cpu 0 caller changed 0x56a436e6, at offset 48 of 64 in zone: kalloc.64"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-2422.90.

I've tried a whole bunch of different bootflags all with the same result. I also tried using different SMBios plists, but no luck. I looked at this thread about another Vaio laptop model, but it has a different hardware configuration so it may explain the different result: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...ks-hackintosh-install-sony-vaio-pro-13-a.html

I'm kind of stuck here, so hopefully one of the hackintosh veterans have some advice.

Thanks in advance.

I've been trying to install Mavericks on a Sony Vaio Fit laptop model number SVF15328CXW in the past few days.
I first tried using UniBeast and then the Vanilla install guide both ending in the same result. I'm getting the dreaded BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/Bootcache.playlist: 2 No such file or directory
panic(cpu 0 caller changed 0x56a436e6, at offset 48 of 64 in zone: kalloc.64"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-2422.90.

I've tried a whole bunch of different bootflags all with the same result. I also tried using different SMBios plists, but no luck. I looked at this thread about another Vaio laptop model, but it has a different hardware configuration so it may explain the different result: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...ks-hackintosh-install-sony-vaio-pro-13-a.html

I'm kind of stuck here, so hopefully one of the hackintosh veterans have some advice.

Thanks in advance.

I assume you already patched mach_kernel for Haswell early reboot...

Try this:
- remove all nvidia kexts (NVDA*, Geforce*) from the USB (/System/Library/Extensions)
- install Chameleon to your Unibeast USB
- boot with flags: IntelAzulFB=12 GraphicsEnabler=Yes dart=0 -v -f SkipNvidiaGfx=Yes

Chameleon installer: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/231075-chameleon-22svn-official-pkg-installer-binaries/

Thanks for the reply.

I assume you already patched mach_kernel for Haswell early reboot...

Yes I patched it with the first patch for 10.9.x (for xpcm related panic). Before patching it would just immediately reboot when it starts loading the kernel after the patch I got where I am now.

Try this:
- remove all nvidia kexts (NVDA*, Geforce*) from the USB (/System/Library/Extensions)
- install Chameleon to your Unibeast USB
- boot with flags: IntelAzulFB=12 GraphicsEnabler=Yes dart=0 -v -f SkipNvidiaGfx=Yes

Chameleon installer: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/231075-chameleon-22svn-official-pkg-installer-binaries/

I removed the nvidia related kexts from the USB stick and used the bootflags: IntelAzulFB=12 GraphicsEnabler=Yes dart=0 -v -f SkipNvidiaGfx=Yes but the result is the same:

BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 No such file or directory
panic (cpu 0 caller 0xffffff80002526ff): "a freed zone element has been modified: expected 0xdeadbeefdeadbeef but found 0xdeadbeef88098809, ...

After that I also tried using the Macbook Pro 9.2 SMBios and the Macbook Pro Retina 10.1 also with the same result.

Is the cause of this problem most likely to be a kext problem and should I just start removing kexts from /System/Library/Extensions or is it more likely to be a matter of finding the right combination of bootflags?

Thanks for the help.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I patched it with the first patch for 10.9.x (for xpcm related panic). Before patching it would just immediately reboot when it starts loading the kernel after the patch I got where I am now.

I removed the nvidia related kexts from the USB stick and used the bootflags: IntelAzulFB=12 GraphicsEnabler=Yes dart=0 -v -f SkipNvidiaGfx=Yes but the result is the same:

BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 No such file or directory
panic (cpu 0 caller 0xffffff80002526ff): "a freed zone element has been modified: expected 0xdeadbeefdeadbeef but found 0xdeadbeef88098809, ...

Did you install Chameleon? Unibeast creates a USB using Chimera. The flags I gave you are specific to Chameleon.

Try adding maxmem=4096.

Did you install Chameleon? Unibeast creates a USB using Chimera. The flags I gave you are specific to Chameleon.

Try adding maxmem=4096.

I did install Chameleon as per the Vanilla install guide. Does it make a difference if I create the USB with UniBeast and then replace Chimera with Chameleon? I'll try that first then.

Edit:
Actually adding the maxmem=4096 flag got me a little bit further. I'm still see the same error about the BootCacheControl and then some warnings or errors about the ntfs driver version. But then I get into the installation screen. At first I just see the grey background and the mousecursor but after a while I see the welcome screen of the installer. Only problem is that neither my mousepad or my keyboard works. ;)
Seems like I'm getting somewhere now at least though thanks a bunch. Should I hooke up a mouse and USB keyboard or is it possible to get the builtin keyboard and mousepad to work during the installation?

I did install Chameleon as per the Vanilla install guide. Does it make a difference if I create the USB with UniBeast and then replace Chimera with Chameleon? I'll try that first then.

Edit:
Actually adding the maxmem=4096 flag got me a little bit further. I'm still see the same error about the BootCacheControl and then some warnings or errors about the ntfs driver version. But then I get into the installation screen. At first I just see the grey background and the mousecursor but after a while I see the welcome screen of the installer. Only problem is that neither my mousepad or my keyboard works. ;)
Seems like I'm getting somewhere now at least though thanks a bunch. Should I hooke up a mouse and USB keyboard or is it possible to get the builtin keyboard and mousepad to work during the installation?

If you didn't place PS2 drivers on your USB (in Unibeast it is "Laptop Support") then you won't have a chance of having internal keyboard/trackpad. There is no native support in OS X for PS2 devices. All real Macs use USB.

If you didn't place PS2 drivers on your USB (in Unibeast it is "Laptop Support") then you won't have a chance of having internal keyboard/trackpad. There is no native support in OS X for PS2 devices. All real Macs use USB.

Okay that makes sense. I'll just create a new installation USB stick with UniBeast then and install Chameleon on that. Hopefully that will take care of the keyboard issue at least.

Another thing I noticed is that if I go on with the installation it's unable to install to the existing NTFS partition. Is this related to those error messages I saw about the ntfs driver version? Worse comes to worse I'll create a simple boot USB stick and remove the entire NTFS partition first with fdisk.

Okay that makes sense. I'll just create a new installation USB stick with UniBeast then and install Chameleon on that. Hopefully that will take care of the keyboard issue at least.

Another thing I noticed is that if I go on with the installation it's unable to install to the existing NTFS partition. Is this related to those error messages I saw about the ntfs driver version? Worse comes to worse I'll create a simple boot USB stick and remove the entire NTFS partition first with fdisk.

You cannot install OS X to an NTFS partition. OS X requires GPT partitioning and HFS+ formatting.

You should be familiar with this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

You cannot install OS X to an NTFS partition. OS X requires GPT partitioning and HFS+ formatting.

You should be familiar with this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

I forgot that I can just launch Disk Utility from the menu in the OS X Installer. So I just erased that partition and create a new Mac partition.

Anyway I'm one step further again. Here's what I did so far:

1. Created an USB installer with UniBeast
  2. Patched the kernel
  3. Replaced Chimera with Chameleon
  4. Removed all Nvidia kexts from /System/Library/Extensions
  5. Launched the installer again with the same bootflags: IntelAzulFB=12 GraphicsEnabler=Yes dart=0 -v -f SkipNvidiaGfx=Yes maxmem=4096
  6. Got the same error as above (the BootCacheControl one), but no kernel panic after so I decided to wait. After about 5 minutes I got a new error: "Still waiting for DSMOS"
  7. To fix that I replaced the FakeSMC.kext with the one I downloaded here: http://www.projectos...?showtopic=1643
  8. This solved that problem and I now was able to get into the installer. The keyboard was actually working (awesome!) and mousepad wasn't, so I hooked up a USB mouse again.

As we speak OS X is installing so fingers crossed. I will keep you posted on the progress.
Thanks a bunch for all the help so far.

So after the installation finished I am unable to boot into the newly installed system. Using the same bootflags (IntelAzulFB=12 GraphicsEnabler=Yes dart=0 -v -f SkipNvidiaGfx=Yes maxmem=4096) I get an automatic reboot after a while of loading kexts.
I've tried a couple of combinations of bootflags without success. Because it just reboots I'm unable to tell where it fails and what the error is.

I tried booting back into the USB installer and opened a Terminal. I checked for meaningful information from log files on the mac partition. /var/log/install.log looks fine but I can't find any diagnostic info of what went wrong when booting.

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back