CPU
i7 4770k
Graphics
EVGA GTX 960 (not installed yet)
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I and a friend built this computer a while back. The other day it booted funny and said could not update nvidia driver from web. So I tried to find how to fix that but couldn't find a way. Now today it is stuck in a boot loop and won't let me do anything. I am new to this, the friend done most of the programming and now we have went our separate ways.
I am running a gigabyte ZX97UD7TH with an i7-4770k and a gtx960 with Yosemite
What do I need to do?
Thx
IMG_2616.JPGIMG_2617.JPG

If using Chimera as boot loader, add nv_disable=1 and remove nvda_drv=1
Using Clover depends on version if older and has boot-arg nvda_drv=1 remove it and replace with nv_disable=1
If newer version Clover using the new way, just change the flag from yes to no.

IMG_2618.JPG
IMG_2619.JPG
If using Chimera as boot loader, add nv_disable=1 and remove nvda_drv=1
Using Clover depends on version if older and has boot-arg nvda_drv=1 remove it and replace with nv_disable=1
If newer version Clover using the new way, just change the flag from yes to no.
I believe I am running old clover and I keep trying to delete the nvda_drv=1 but it keeps returning after I come out of the clover options screen. It keeps what I added and then adds back the nvda_drv=1. What am I doing wrong?
I have got my computer to boot now by ripping out the gtx970 but now I am back to anything I click on just bounces and adds a point underneath it or a spiny beach ball that does not go away. Except for I can go to system but I can't seem to figure out what to do there.

Last edited:
Well never mind I am back to the boot loop. I had to hard shut down do to lock up and now I have the same panic. Not sure what I did to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back