Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Master
CPU
i9 10850k
Graphics
Gigabyte Radeon RX 5500 XT 8GO nitro +
Hi guys, It's my first hackintosh on Big Sur and I'm stuck in a boot loop.
I was running the install, I had the apple logo with progress bar, after ten minutes the system restart, apple logo, restart, and loop. I take a look on my efi folder's structure and I see nothing wrong but I'm not expert. I attach my EFI folder.

How I build my EFI ? I found one on TonymacX86 from a guy with same motherboard and CPU. I update some part and remove some kext.
I want to had the verbose during the install for found the right issue but I didn't found the way.

I hope you can help me.

:: My build ::
CPU i9 10850k
Motherboard Gigabyte z490 Aorus Master
GPU sapphire Radeon RX 5500 XT Nitro + 8G
SSD Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1To
PSU Corsair RM750x Plus Gold 80
HDD Seagate BarraCuda, 4 To
RAM Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz 32GB (2x16)
CPU Cooler Noctua NH-U12S

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    24.1 MB · Views: 144
No expert here, but I noticed a few things you might want to question:

1. In EFI/OC/Drivers, you do not have OpenCanopy.efi, but in EFI/OC/config.plist/UEFI/Drivers/2 you have OpenCanopy.efi listed. If you want the OpenCanopy GUI, you have to have the driver present in EFI/OC/Drivers. Also your choices in EFI/OC/config.plist/Misc/Boot show that you do want the OpenCanopy display.

2. In config.plist/DeviceProperties/Add, I see that the first two entries are essentially identical except that some info is missing in the first entry. I don't know what that would do, but you might want to try deleting the first one. The third entry is also strange to me: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x3) is (on my computer) the HDEF location for enabling audio, not the AAPL layout-id. I don't know what the correct location is for you, but it's probably in the OpenCore Install Guide for your particular motherboard. For my Z390 I AORUS board, it's PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0). And its "child" is AAPL, ig-platform-id/Data/0300913E (value would be different for you, of course).

3. In config.plist/Kernel, the Lilu entry (4) should be listed above (before) IntelMausiEthernet. If fact, Lilu could be at location Kernel/Add/0 so that it loads before all its dependent kexts... wouldn't hurt, anyway, and is necessary for some of those you have there.

4. In config.list/Kernel/Quirks/XhciPortLimit you have the value "YES." If you have that, you don't need EFI/OC/Kexts/USBInjectAll.kext. All your USB ports should be enabled... you can check that in "IORegistryExplorer" under "XHC." But don't leave it like that permanently. Instead, map your USB ports and use Hackintool to create a "USBPorts.kext" that enables just the ports you pick, 15 or less. Then re-set this quirk to "NO" and check IORegistryExplorer to make sure you got what you wanted. Also I think (may be wrong), your EFI/OC/ACPI/SSDT-UIAC.aml entry is not doing anything as long as your "XHCPortLimit" is set to "YES." And according to what I have read, that entry is not required, if you have created and installed "USBPorts.kext."

I'm sure I missed stuff, but then I don't have any idea what a lot of those entries do... and I'm not an expert.

Thank a lot @wstrohm for your time !
I will take a look at it, and feedback.

There is something else that might help:

In config.plist/Misc/Security/SecureBootModel, you might want to change the argument "Default" to "Disabled" until you get everything working. That helped me a lot on my Z390 I computer.

You should go here and try to adhere as closely as you can to their recommendations.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for your help @wstrohm , the installation is complete !
But I'm stuck during the configuration of the account when he asks to create my account.
I can't write because the BT seems not working and the usb-c at the back seems to not recognize my keyboard.
Do you have any idea of the problem? Where can I see if there is a problem?

Edit : I found an other keyboard with an other type of connection, so my boot work well !
Thank a lot for your help ! I will start the post-install.

Edit 2 : I have a bluetooth issue. I have a fenvi t919. Airdrop works but my keyboard or other bluetooth gear doesn't work.
Also my usb-c can be use like power supplie but if I connect a gear nothing appear.
If I can fixe that my Hackintosh will have a good start.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    24.2 MB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Regarding your USB port setup...
my usb-c can be use like power supplie but if I connect a gear nothing appear.
Suggestion: Right-click on your "USBMap.kext" file and select "Show package contents."

Open the Contents folder and open Info.plist/IOKitPersonalities/iMac20,1-XHC/IOProviderMergeProperties/ports. You will see that all 24 USB ports are active.

Although this may work for you, it is not a good thing. MacOS has assigned a 15-element array for USB ports. Your setup has overflowed that to 24 ports. You can verify that in your IORegistryExplorer's "XHC" section.

I don't know whether this has affected your USB-C operation or not. In any case, you should map all your desired ports, up to a maximum of 15, using the interactive "Hackintool.app" utility. Are you familiar with how to do that? (If not, post back and maybe I can help.)

Once that is done and you have exported from Hackintool a listing called "USBPorts.kext" which contains your desired ports, you should replace your "USBMap.kext" with your newly-generated "USBPorts.kext" file, list it in your config.plist/Kernel/Add area (there is no executable in "USBPorts.kext", just the Info.plist) and change config.plist/Kernel/Quirks/XhciPortLimit "YES" to "NO."

After rebooting, you can check the result in IORegistryExplorer's "XHC" section.

Note that in addition to "USBPorts.kext" you will also see on your desktop a "UIAC.aml" file similar to the one currently in your config.plist/ACPI/5. You do not need either of those "UIAC.aml" files if you have "USBPorts.kext".

Regarding your Bluetooth setup:
I have a bluetooth issue. I have a fenvi t919. Airdrop works but my keyboard or other bluetooth gear doesn't work.
I am not familiar with that BT/WIFI card... the little research I just did mentions problems. But they might be software-related. Are you sure that "IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext" and "IntelBluetoothInjector.kext" are the correct kexts for that "fenvi t919" card? The ads say that card uses "BCM94360CD" firmware, which is Broadcom firmware. It's possible your firmware is incompatible with the on-board firmware.

My only experience with Bluetooth is using a Broadcom BT/WIFI card on a Skylake computer (my "Mini-ITX 2" below). It works with Apple's Magic Keyboard. In case you want to try my kexts (which might help), I have attached them. Treat them like all your other kexts if you want to try replacing your Intel kexts. YMMV! Good luck!

Attachments

• Broadcom Kexts.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Hi @wstrohm sorry for the delay. I'm not always with internet conection.
So,

First Bluetooth setup :
Everything work ! I juste connect one time each gear with usb2 and after it's recognized in bluetooth, after reboot too. So for me that work.

USB port setup :
I will try your method, I think I can find the way to do.
Thx for all, sincerly. I was really stuck with all this knowledge not so easy to understand.

For Bluetooth, did you keep your Intel Bluetooth kexts, or did you use my attached Broadcom kexts?

Not yet but I will try because mine is not stable.
When I will try everything, I will give you a feedback

If/when you try the Broadcom kexts I attached, there are a couple of things to know:
1. BrcmBluetoothinjector.kext should be listed as the first of the three kexts in config.plist/Kernel/Add. it's like "Lilu" for those three kexts and needs to be loaded before them. Also, there is no executable path, only the info.plist.
2. Both BrcmFirmwareData.kext and BrcmPatchRAM3.kext do have both executable and info.plist in their Contents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back