Contribute
Register

Stuck in Apple Boot White Screen - GA-Z87x-UD3H / i7 4770K / HD4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everybody,
I'm currently trying to build a hackhintosh with an i7 4770, a GA-Z87x-UD3H and Mavericks (without additional graphic card for the moment), and I also have a problem for booting the installer.
I spend time in the forum to find solutions and try different things, but nothing work and I'm completely blocked (I cannot even boot with -x).

Here's the error message in verbose mode :
IMG_20131101_211159.jpg

Like other people in the forum, I have the message "this is an unknown CPU model 8x3c" , but I also have have this message : " Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 No such file or directory "

I try to reinstall Multibeast 6 with Mavericks on another USB key, but it change nothing... I still juste have the apple grey screen with the "clock" that stop after some time.

Someone have an idea of what I should do ?

Thank you a lot

I was having the same problem. The only way I could get into the installer was using: -x -v PCIRootUID=1

But thanks to Short, Dasdf and finally Asgothian, I found the main source of the problem. Asgothian pointed the problem, and in my case was the use of my monitor with VGA port. I tried a different monitor with DVI and I finally installed everything without bootflags.

Update on my situation:

Bought a monitor and now I can enjoy my beautiful Hackintosh.

About the sound problems, I still have them. But if I connect my headphones to the case connection, instead the motherboard, I have clear sound! :)
But my 2 USB's from the case don't work :/ (cable was disconnected from the board :p)

Thanks baza, I try, but it didn't work for me.
Maybe it's my old BIOS version (F3) that I have to upgrade... but I didn't have Windows and I don't know how to do it without. The only difference with your config is that I have a i7 4770 an not a 4770k.
I'll try to find a version of Windows 8 to upgrade the BIOS.

I have same issue. I try to do with all instruction in this post. Still stuck in screen boot. Any help pls.

Attachments

• IMG_7639.JPG
    IMG_7639.JPG
    666.8 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_7641.jpg
    IMG_7641.jpg
    707.5 KB · Views: 142
Hi All,

I followed Short's wonderful guide to a T, but I've hit a brick wall.

My system is GA-Z87X-UD3H / i7 4770 / HD7850.

For me to be able to install Mavericks, I had to switch to Internal Graphics in BIOS.

I was able to boot into Mac OS and use Multibeast with your recommendations, however I can no longer boot into it.

When I am using internal graphics, the screen hangs here (apologies for the rotated image?) :

photo 2.jpg

When switching to using my graphics card, I get bizarre text:

photo 1.JPG

I'm really not sure what I am missing as I've been troubleshooting this for days :(

Many thanks,

Dana

I've done some more reading and discovered that those with HD 7850s are having trouble with their machines, could this be the cause of my problems?

Does anyone have any information they could share please?

Not really sure how much of a help i will be as i just finished my first Hackintosh tonight.

Im using pretty much the same build only with gtx770 gpu..

Have you possibly tried to boot using the usb or iboot installer.. When i was doing my update combo from 10.6.3 to 10.6.8 i had tried EVERYTHING!!! When it came down to it all i had to do was put my iboot cd back in and boot from it! HAHA then i was able to download 10.9 and make unibeast usb..

**Information Below Taken from SquadSteven's Build**
Have you possibly done the bios update from v3 to v7 and:
Press F7 to load optimized default values then proceed to change it.
3.1. Under Peripherals > xHCI Mode, change it to AUTO
3.2. Under Peripherals > xHCI Hand-OFF, change it to ENABLED
3.3. Under Peripherals > EHCI Hand-OFF, Change it to Enabled
3.4. Under Peripherals > Internal Graphics, Change it to Disabled.
3.5. Under Peripherals > Init Display First, change it to the PCIe slot that you placed your graphics card in.
3.6. Under Power Management > Wake on Lan, change it to Disabled.
3.7. Under BIOS Features > Boot Options, change it to your boot disk but pick the one that starts with P2 or some number like that.
- Do not select the UEFI version else you will get the missing operating system error.

4. Save and Exit Bios.

Also do not choose Chimera Bootloader in Multibeast, Install that standalone via the Downloads section here at TonyMacx86
**Information Above taken from SquadSteven's Build**

I hope this helps, if i can think of anything else at all i will post.. Sorry if i have wasted anymore of your time...

Anyone have a suggestions to bazas problems ?
I have the exact same problem it seems with my GA-Z87x-UD3H

Can install mavricks just fine, but when i try to boot it i see the apple loading progress and then then my monitor looses video signal and it seems to have crashed.
-x (safemode??) does not work.

I have disabled the onboard gpu and am using nvidia gtx570

pciroot=0 (no)
pciroot=1 (no)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back