Contribute
Register

Stuck in a restart loop after updating to Sierra (from working Yosemite)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
OSX Yosemite
CPU
Intel Core i7 4770k
Graphics
Nvidia GTX780
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello there,
I had a working hackintosh running OSX Yosemite until I decided to update to MacOS Sierra via Unibeast,
Following the instructions from the forum
The update installation went successfully, however..when I tried to boot into the system through Unibeast Clover UEFI (I had to boot through the USB because the clover UEFI on my hdd somehow got corrupted and gave me blank black screen) I am stuck in a restart loop, possibly some panic.

So I ran -v to get some information...to ask you guys here
What is causing the problems and how can I solve it?
IMG_0523d.jpg

IMG_0525d.jpg

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you very much
Sincerely,

Hello there,
I had a working hackintosh running OSX Yosemite until I decided to update to MacOS Sierra via Unibeast,
Following the instructions from the forum
The update installation went successfully, however..when I tried to boot into the system through Unibeast Clover UEFI (I had to boot through the USB because the clover UEFI on my hdd somehow got corrupted and gave me blank black screen) I am stuck in a restart loop, possibly some panic.

So I ran -v to get some information...to ask you guys here
View attachment 253081
View attachment 253082

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you very much
Sincerely,
Look like VoodooPS2Controller. kext cause this issue.
Upload the Clover folder of the bootable drive as zip ( delet themes folder before, otherwise the file size is large ).

Look like VoodooPS2Controller. kext cause this issue.
Upload the Clover folder of the bootable drive as zip ( delet themes folder before, otherwise the file size is large ).
Thank you very much HorchaudiBMW for your reply,
Here it is... but it's rather 'a previously bootable drive' (when it was Yosemite) right now, nothing is bootable, through drive and unibeast

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 120
Thank you very much HorchaudiBMW for your reply,
Here it is... but it's rather 'a previously bootable drive' (when it was Yosemite) right now, nothing is bootable, through drive and unibeast
Then maybe the solution could be to create a new bootable drive for Sierra with Unibeast.

Then maybe the solution could be to create a new bootable drive for Sierra with Unibeast.
Do you mean to do a clean install of Sierra with Unibeast?

Do you mean to do a clean install of Sierra with Unibeast?
Yes, a fresh installation could be the solution, but it isn´t always necessary.
Before you installed the Update, have you update Clover also? Otherwise it won´t inject kexts.

Yes, a fresh installation could be the solution, but it isn´t always necessary.
Before you installed the Update, have you update Clover also? Otherwise it won´t inject kexts.

Possibly not updating Clover could be the case, so is there a solution to this?
To somehow get through this booting loop, to update Clover, install Multibeast to fix the problems.

Or I just have to do a clean install?

Kernel Panic caused by VoodooPS2Controller.kext
Try to boot without caches (-f) or safe mode (-x) in Clover and remove or update the kext to the latest version.

Try to boot without caches (-f) or safe mode (-x) in Clover and remove or update the kext to the latest version.
Already posted in post #2, but I thought desktop keyboards/trackpads are connected via USB or Bluetooth and not PS2...

Already tried booting with -x , -f through unibeast USB and still gave me the same kernel panic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back