Contribute
Register

Stuck! - GA Z77-DS3H Rev 1.1, F9

Status
Not open for further replies.
See attached screen shots. The VT-d is on the "BIOS Features" page listed under "Intel Virtualization Technology", set it to Disabled. This is from my GA-77-DS3H rev 1.0 with F8 UEFI. I'm sure it's similar to yours. Note that the i5-3570K does not support VT-d, hence that option won't appear, but you will the option "Intel Virtualization Technology", ref Intel's ARK.

I also added a shot of the Peripherals page.

The "getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a" is a red herring - this is just a Warning and should disappear with the correct SSDT for your CPU.

Attachments

• GA-77-DS3H-Perf.png
    GA-77-DS3H-Perf.png
    178.5 KB · Views: 468
  • GA-77-DS3H-VTd.jpg
    GA-77-DS3H-VTd.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 917
I have Rev 1.1, F9 and under BIOS, I have and always have had the following setting:

Intel Virtualization Technology ---------- Disabled

Still stuck ......

Update:

I did another clean install and after installing OSX but before MB installation. When booting from USB stick but into HD -v mode still hangs on IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a

It will boot in -x mode. I am going to try and install MB but without DSDT - I will install the ethernet and sound. Or should I install DSDT and then manually remove 1 by one to see if will boot.

So if I do this which of these are necessary or not?

org.chameleon.Boot.plist
GraphicsEnabler=Yes
Apple Boot Screen
UseKernelCache=Yes
GenerateCStates=Yes
GeneratePStates=Yes
darkwake=0
MacPro3,1 smbios.plist
tonymacx86 theme in /Extra
FakeSMC.kext in /System/Library/Extensions
Chimera v1.11.1 r1394 so the system will be bootable from the hard drive
Patches /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext to prevent CMOS resets

From MB:
UserDSDT or DSDT-Free is a solution for those who have a pre-edited DSDT on the desktop with an .aml extension or a motherboard that works without a DSDT. Installs your DSDT if found as DSDT.aml, a org.chameleon.Boot.plist with GraphicsEnabler=Yes, Apple Boot Screen, UseKernelCache=Yes, GenerateCStates=Yes, GeneratePStates=Yes and darkwake=0 kernel flag, MacPro3,1 smbios.plist and tonymacx86 theme in /Extra. Installs FakeSMC.kext in /System/Library/Extensions. Installs Chimera v1.11.1 r1394 so the system will be bootable from the hard drive and ready for sleep with all hardware recognized in System Profiler. Patches /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext to prevent CMOS resets. Does not include any Network or Sound drivers.

Ok, out of pity to you, I grabbed a spare HDD and did a clean-as-a-whistle install of 10.8.3 :)

Net-Net: I'm typing this on the machine I just installed 10.8.3 on, complete with HD4000 Gfx! For those following the thread, I have same CPU, but rev 1.0 of the Z77-DS3H motherboard with F8 BIOS/UEFI.

Here's what I did:

Followed the ML Unibeast guide and installed 10.8.3 to my 8GB USB stick. Then I coped over Multibeast 5.3.0 & my KextUtility. Followed the install guide, opened/consumed a beer, came back and rebooted the system. Like you, I had to use -x option since it hangs at the same place as your screen shots. With -x option, booted to desktop and ran MB, selected the options per attachments:

DSDT Free
Drivers Audio: ALC887/887b v100302 Current
Misc FakeSMC v5.1.61 (no Plugins, yet)
Network Atheros
Customizations System Definitions Macmini6,1 (use 6,2 if you have i7-3770K)
Themes Tonymac

That's it, no more no less. Reboot. Then run KextUtility to repair permissions.
Ahh..stuck by boot0 error on my 1TB Western Digital "Blue", not a problem, follow the boot0 guide you reference in the original post & problem fixed.
Next, boot to desktop from HDD. No issues with HD4000 Gfx. Audio, Ethernet, Sleep/Resume: OK.

Remember, I used 10.8.3 & the Macmini6,1 sysdef since I have the i5-3570K; refer to the icky-sticky on ivy bridge power management thread.

Screen Shot 2013-05-02 at 9.10.47 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2013-05-02 at 9.11.19 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2013-05-02 at 9.11.42 PM.jpg

Ok - I will do exactly as you did! But what is Kext Utility? Where download? I see Kext Beast ......

UPDATE: Found KextUtility

Ran MB on HD and then KextUtility as described - booted from HD in -v and still hangs on IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a

Could it be a problem with the Hardware build? Any way to test CPU and motherboard?

Hmm..qualifying the setup. Yes, you could run Ubuntu 12.04 or Win8 (90 day eval copy), both of which are free and will work with your HW. I would also recommend using memtest86 from a bootable CD to confirm your RAM is OK.

You can try generating & installing a SSDT from the IB power management sticky thread. This fixed my problems with over clocking.

So, just to confirm, you did a clean install & set the MB v5.3.0 options exactly as I listed above (i.e., set Misc FakeSMC v5.1.61, sysdef to Macmini6,1)? You could try rolling back the BIOS to F8, but I wouldn't do that just yet.

EDIT: One other thing to try is disabling the Onboard LAN controller in the BIOS Peripherals page. This is a difference between rev 1.0 & 1.1 mobo's. When I look at the /var/log/system.log, the next line after "[IOBluetoothHCIController] [start]" is "network changed".

Meanwhile.....

Reset BIOS to defaults and installed Ubuntu - booted no problem except could not see network with ethernet and WiFi. (no problem seeing network in mac os) BTW, I do not have WiFi Card on this build yet.

Took that HD out and reset BIOS for mac and disabled the LAN controller - still sticks at same place.

Thinking to Q Flash the BIOS to either F10f (beta) or F8 and try again.

I generated a stock i5-3570K (3.4/3.8GHz) SSDT.aml using ssdtPRGen.sh & attached below. I know for a fact that if I don't use an SSDT, I get the 'unknown cpu model 0x3a' warning, but it's not fatal. You could try this one by copying it to /Extra and rebooting - I've never tried this (generating on one system and using on another, but the dsl file seems to be CPU generic. Note that I use a modified SSDT to support my 3.9GHz o/c which gives me ~ 10% increase in the Geekbench (synthetic) score, although the one below is "stock" for i5-3570K.

If the SSDT doesn't work, I would then try the rollback to F8 if possible, since the F9 release notes state "Update CPU microcode" which means added new CPU support, or modified microcode for new steppings. However, if you look at the supported CPU list, all CPUs are supported initially on F8. I would stay away from the F10 series since you won't use Secure Boot anyway.

View attachment SSDT.aml

I generated a stock i5-3570K (3.4/3.8GHz) SSDT.aml using ssdtPRGen.sh & attached below. I know for a fact that if I don't use an SSDT, I get the 'unknown cpu model 0x3a' warning, but it's not fatal. You could try this one by copying it to /Extra and rebooting - I've never tried this (generating on one system and using on another, but the dsl file seems to be CPU generic. Note that I use a modified SSDT to support my 3.9GHz o/c which gives me ~ 10% increase in the Geekbench (synthetic) score, although the one below is "stock" for i5-3570K.

If the SSDT doesn't work, I would then try the rollback to F8 if possible, since the F9 release notes state "Update CPU microcode" which means added new CPU support, or modified microcode for new steppings. However, if you look at the supported CPU list, all CPUs are supported initially on F8. I would stay away from the F10 series since you won't use Secure Boot anyway.

View attachment 55155

Thanks so much cnaught! I will get to it maybe tonight - have a busy day. I sure hope it works!

Hello, I am in OS X with "-x" option before MultiBeast.

SSD Samsung 840 Series 250GB
i5-3570K
Z77 - DS3H
-> F9 UEFI/BIOS, rev1.0
-> set to optimized defaults and switched to AHCI

(PC has also been overclocked to 4,2GHz and tested for stability under Win7, this setting is saved in UEFI/BIOS for future, but now I am in default 3,4GHz)

Where should I exactly place SSDT.aml for try? What does these acronyms SSDT, DSDT means? Thx, I am noobie.

SSDT is an ACPI definition..Google it! Read the Ivy Bridge Power Management sticky at the top of this forum, specifically the section on CPU power management in the first post. It will explain how to (very easily) generate a SSDT and install it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back