Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte H81M-S2H
CPU
i5-4690
Graphics
HD 4600
So Ive done all the necessary things to make a usb drive but unibeast is stuck copying files. I can see the capacity of the drive going down but it has been stuck copying files for a while now. Any ideas? Thanks to anyone who helps :)

Depending on the USB device it can take some time. If I use a USB3.0 device it takes just short of 10 minutes, I've found some of the cheap USB 2.0 devices can take up to 45 minutes. I wouldn't interrupt the creation. Make a cup of tea and wait it out.

It ended up failing :( Im gonna try a different usb drive
Depending on the USB device it can take some time. If I use a USB3.0 device it takes just short of 10 minutes, I've found some of the cheap USB 2.0 devices can take up to 45 minutes. I wouldn't interrupt the creation. Make a cup of tea and wait it out.

If it fails again, could you get a log and post it here. I'm sure MacMan would like to see the reason as to why it failed. Thanks, hopefully its just the USB and a different one will complete.

EDIT : Make sure that you use a 16GB or larger USB thumb drive.

Last edited:
So Ive done all the necessary things to make a usb drive but unibeast is stuck copying files. I can see the capacity of the drive going down but it has been stuck copying files for a while now. Any ideas? Thanks to anyone who helps :)
Same problem

If it fails again, could you get a log and post it here. I'm sure MacMan would like to see the reason as to why it failed. Thanks, hopefully its just the USB and a different one will complete.

EDIT : Make sure that you use a 16GB or larger USB thumb drive.
I used a different 8GB drive and it worked :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back