Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro - Flashed
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Hi there:

I'm having a problem booting my Sierra Unibeast Key. System has been stable under El Capitan but panics on install. I've stripped it down to a base system and still receive the following errors on boot. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

A

Attachments

• 2016-10-02 08.05.30.jpg
    2016-10-02 08.05.30.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 105
Hi there:

I'm having a problem booting my Sierra Unibeast Key. System has been stable under El Capitan but panics on install. I've stripped it down to a base system and still receive the following errors on boot. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

A
Try boot arg nv_disable=1

When you initially create a Unibeast USB stick (formatting) you will want to run First Aid on both the USB stick (manufacturer's name) and the USB stick (named). If either fails - the USB stick is faulty and should be replaced. Now start the Unibeast app. that will install Unibeast onto the freshly GUID formatted stick. When it finishes re-run Disk Utility First Aid on both the manufacturer name and the named stick under it.

On my mobo I had to create the Unibeast stick as UEFI because creating it as Legacy did not work.

Had two issues myself:
- Didn't work with other disks present, turned off all other disks in BIOS except my MacOS SSD so PC only saw 1 disk.
- Needed new USB key but also had to partition the USB to be 8GB in size (it didn't work with 128GB or 16GB partition)
- Inject NVIDIA did not work for me, left if out and recreated the key.

Its certainly more sensitive then it was in the past.
Now to try the Sierra patch for my old Macbook Pro 2009 which dropped off the supported Sierra list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back