Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
When I boot from iBoot, everything's fine. After it loads I swap the disc for my OS X 10.6 disc and hit F5. Mac OS X disc appears and I hit enter. Seconds later I get a panic error with a bunch of hex values and slashes and something about ACHI.

panic(cpu 0 caller 0x563ebd): "Unable to find driver for this platform: \ ACHI \"

is the top line.
In the center of this screen it reads "You need to restart your computer. Hold down the Power button until it turns off, then press the Power button again," in several languages.

Tried the PCIRootUID=1 command before hitting enter, same error message. Then tried PCIRootUID=1 -x and just -x commands. When I use this command the system will sit at a blank screen for about 2 minutes, then give me the same error message.

I made all the necessary changes in the bios for SATA control mode and everything. Not sure what the problem is. I'm attempting to install this on a new Toshiba Satellite P775 laptop.

Intel Core i7 2670
6GB DDR3 RAM
750GB HDD
Intel Integrated HD GPU 3000

Help or tips would be awesome! I quite new to the Mac community.
Thanks.

The integrated intel graphics are the problem. You can install Lion, but Snow Leopard is not supported.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back