CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Trouble installing snow leopard with iBoot 3.3.0 method.
System:
GB Z77X-UD5H bios ver 4
CPU I7-3770K 3.5ghz
RAM 32GB
HD WD Blue PC SSD 250GB
Internal i7 graphics

Getting stuck before step 9. I did all retry suggestions but it is allways the same result. Apple loggo appears and than nothing happens.

Note 1: I did tryed with -v -x GraphicsEnabled=No (with all permutations) and after all "Read HFS+ files" is done, there is only a black screen, and no activities on CD/DVD drive.

Note 2: As I do have working OS system, I did partitioning of a new HD, but even than i got stuck with Apple loggo and can not proceed or do anything.

Note 3: BIOS is sett upp properly as it is same configuration as previous installation. Only difference is larger SSD (250 instead of 120).

Trouble installing snow leopard with iBoot 3.3.0 method.
Try iBoot Ivy Bridge.

Note 1: I did tryed with -v -x GraphicsEnabled=No (with all permutations) and after all "Read HFS+ files" is done, there is only a black screen, and no activities on CD/DVD drive.
GraphicsEnabled=No is nonsense and will have no effect.
It should be GraphicsEnabler=No (or GraphicsEnabler=Yes).

Try iBoot Ivy Bridge.

GraphicsEnabled=No is nonsense and will have no effect.
It should be GraphicsEnabler=No (or GraphicsEnabler=Yes).

Thank you. I will try with iBoot Ivy Bridge. GraphicsEnabled was spelling error. I did use GraphicsEnabler=No

iBoot Ivy Bridge is not working for me att all. Black screen on boot.
try without the GPU, using CPU gfx to install. Then you can re-install the GPU if you wish.
make sure you have intel graphics injection = true/yes in config.plist

So, any ideas what is causing my problem so I can not use iBoot method of installing Snow Leopard from scratch?
Without knowing hardware you are installing on it is impossible to say and my crystal ball is broken so I cannot see what you have.
Please follow the forum rules and enter your hardware data into ypur profile and / or create a sig.

If the CPU in your profile is correct, then you can install SL, but it may take some study of old posts by others with hardware similar to yours to get your Sandy Bridge settings correct.

Thanks for replying. Hardware I am trying to install is listed at the beginning of the thread and is not relevant to one listed in my profile as that one is working fine.

Hardware I am having dificulties with is following:
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H Intel Z77 4xDDR3 Socket 1155 ATX
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5GHz Socket 1155 Box
Corsair Vengeance Quad DDR3 32GB Kit, 1600MHz, 4x8GB
ATA Corsair Force 3 SCSI Disk Device, 250 GB
Internal i7 graphics (Intel 4000, 512 MB).

I found some steps that I haven't done (I'm not sure it was crucial for installation to succeed), updatating BIOS from F4 to F14, I made exactly the same BIOS settings as described in "Quick guide to configuring the UEFI on Gigabyte's 7-series LGA-1155 motherboards" beside "Update 2: Some non-K Ivy Bridge CPUs, including the i7-3770 need to set VT-D to disabled in order to boot successfully. The boot flag to get around not having that option in BIOS is dart=0." - I don't see VT-D option anywhere in BIOS settings but I made same changes as shown in attachments.

I use iBoot IvyBridge as described in "Install Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard on Ivy Bridge Based PCs"

I tryed with all boot flags and it is not working. Printscreen of varius attempts is attached.

Last boot method using PCIRootUID=1 -x is resulting in a different error :"BSD process name corresponding to current thread: Unkonow9) on stack)" if it helps anyone to determine what is the problem.

Attachments:
1. Using no flag: "Boot 1"
2. Using PCIRootUID=1 flag is the same output as without flag
3. Using PCIRootUID=1 -x "Boot PCIRootUID=1 -x 1"
4. Snow Leopard DVD inserted in my working Hackintosh 10.8.5 "DVD Image 1"

Attachments

• Boot 1.jpg
    Boot 1.jpg
    297.8 KB · Views: 122
  • Boot PCIRootUID=1 -x.jpg
    Boot PCIRootUID=1 -x.jpg
    732.9 KB · Views: 112