Graphics
AMD Radeon HD 6850
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm trying to install Mountain Lion on my build. (Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3, AMD Radeon HD 6850, Intel Core i5-2500K) I've followed all the steps correctly with running unibeast with my copy of ML downloaded from the app store, however I get stuck at a blank white screen after booting my usb drive. I've seen this issue posted on here, however haven't found a fix for it. Anybody have any pointers?????

Is that after the bootmenu or is it not even getting that far?

If it's after the bootmenu, then try putting in a

-v

to get more boot details and hopefully something obvious.

Yes, it's after the boot menu. I've tried the -v, and -x, and "GraphicsEnabler=no" and all of those. All lead me to the same white screen after the apple logo loads.

after the apple logo appeared, i got the white screen and cursor on my radeon 6870
i disabled the discrete graphics card in bios and used the built in graphics on the mobo during install

others removed the discrete card during install of ML

I'm trying to install Mountain Lion on my build. (Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3, AMD Radeon HD 6850, Intel Core i5-2500K) I've followed all the steps correctly with running unibeast with my copy of ML downloaded from the app store, however I get stuck at a blank white screen after booting my usb drive. I've seen this issue posted on here, however haven't found a fix for it. Anybody have any pointers?????

Hi , you can check on below post. I have same problem with you. After follow that step, no more white screen problem :)

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...mountain-lion-6xxx-gpu-issues-fix-inside.html

Don't need to remove the card, just go into bios and select the onboard video as default...

And don't forget to switch your cable... Helps mightily with getting the monitor to show something.
Not that I speak from experience.

And for those of us with only discrete graphics? Any suggestions?

I'm using a CustoMac 2010 (X58A UD3R mobo, radeon 6770 graphics) and keep getting white screen with some faint flickering dotted lines in the middle... Tried booting with "-x" and "GraphicsEnabler=No" but get the same screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back