Contribute
Register

Stuck at white screen when trying to install Mountain Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's in system/library/extensions on your unibeast installer (make a backup, so you can put it back later on using kext wizard)

So I do this while in OS X, or am i completely wrong?

Thanks, and sorry for all the trouble!

Geforce gtx 6460 v2

Hi, I have been having this problem when trying to install mountain lion. When I try to install mountain lion off of my flash drive I get stuck at a white screen with the mouse. I have done a little bit of searching around and found out that this problem most likely has something do to with my graphics card (AMD 6850) but I haven't found any solution to the problem. If someone could tell me what to do or give any advise that would be great!

Thanks!

I also had the same problem with the white screen after a installing... I have an Ivy Bridge cpu on a GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 board with a geforce GTX 460 v2 video card. WhatI did was remove the video card, enable the onboard graphics (intel 4000???) and reboot. I was able to finish the setup. I then put my video card back in and was able to boot to the desktop with out issue... Maybe this will help someone else.

My solution -> press power once to put computer to sleep. Press keyboard or power again to wake. Screen came back works fine once installed.

it's in system/library/extensions on your unibeast installer (make a backup, so you can put it back later on using kext wizard)

When I do this the installer crashes. It goes to the apple load screen and freezes.

Same thing for me, I have a 6870 ...
Thank you for the trick.

When I do this the installer crashes. It goes to the apple load screen and freezes.

Had same problem with just the deleted ati kext however the GraphicsEnabler=no got me past this issue. Installing now on a fresh 512mb SSD :p

Same problem with Z77X-UD5H and EVGA 550Ti. I just unplugged the power to the graphics card and switched the DVI lead to the motherboard and it's working. Guess I need a driver for the GPU.

Having similar problems.

First I had a wonky white screen with flashing weirdness. Got over that by deleting ATI6000Controller.kext and repairing permissions on the USB with MultiBeast. Then I continued to have issues. I've been booting in Verbose mode. Next, I was getting stuck on Wireless and Bluetooth kexts. My next approach is using the /Extensions folder from my working Lion install in replacement of the Unibeast ML default one. Fingers crossed!

White screen suggestion work around i guess.

Hi I was getting the white screen as others have mentioned. My video card is a GA-6870, motherboard GA-Z77X-UD5H F8 Bios. I use the onboard video card to setup Mountain kitty lol, once that was up and running, I use multi beast 4.6.1 recommended options to check etc, reboot then i install chimera 1.11.0 reboot screen looks good. now i reconnect my cable back to my 6870 card boot up, its working. i didnt delete any kext etc. i hope this work 4 ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back