Asus AMD Radeon 6850
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi, I have been having this problem when trying to install mountain lion. When I try to install mountain lion off of my flash drive I get stuck at a white screen with the mouse. I have done a little bit of searching around and found out that this problem most likely has something do to with my graphics card (AMD 6850) but I haven't found any solution to the problem. If someone could tell me what to do or give any advise that would be great!

Thanks!

Hello, have you tried to boot with GraphicsEnabler=No ?

Try deleting ATI6000controller.kext, it worked for me.

Hi, I have been having this problem when trying to install mountain lion. When I try to install mountain lion off of my flash drive I get stuck at a white screen with the mouse. I have done a little bit of searching around and found out that this problem most likely has something do to with my graphics card (AMD 6850) but I haven't found any solution to the problem. If someone could tell me what to do or give any advise that would be great!

Thanks!
I have the same problem w u..i also use asus 6850 but i cannot boot into installing..:( who can help us..:?:?

Thanks!

same card, same problem...

graphicsenabler, verbose, ignoring caches don't solve the problem

Can't imagine it has a problem with the 6850, lion works flawless on the 6850

but what happens when the install is complete and it reboots? will it have gfx support?

You'll have to reinstall the ati6000controller.kext file and then rebuild kext cache with kext wizard. Worked for me.

Thanks, still need help

Sorry to sound like a noob but how and where do i delete said kext

Thanks, Robert649

Try deleting ATI6000controller.kext, it worked for me.

Sorry to sound like a noob but where and how do i delete said kext? I have never had to do anything like this before so i just don't know......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back