Asus H310-K Prime
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
R9 270X
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

I am trying to install High Sierra on my configuration. I have i5 8400, Asus H310 k Prime and r9 270x. The installation starts and very quickly stops at this point(Check the image). After that the screen starts glitching and I get a 'banned' logo(you know, like no smoking logo).
image1.jpg

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks,
Milos

Can anyone help me please?
Boot in verbose mode and post a picture of the screen when it stops (Prohibitory symbol).
Does it say "still waiting for root device" in the bottom left corner ?

Go to bios and disable serial ports. May be listed under SuperIO Configuration?

Also at clover boot screen menu use cursor arrows and go to options then go to ACPI settings. Uncheck all options, then boot with verbose mode again.

The Prohibitory symbol appears exactly after the point of the image I posted. There is no "still waiting for root device" or anything else.

There is no "still waiting for root device" or anything else.
There usually is more information when you boot in verbose mode.
As the last line on screen relates to APFS, do you have apfs.efi in /EFI/CLOVER/Drivers64UEFI/ ?

Yes I have. Here it is.
Screen Shot 2018-06-04 at 11.19.45 AM.png

I don't know what is the problem. Help?

And just wanted to show you how everything is glitching after line "apfs_module_start:1277"

unnamed.jpg

And just wanted to show you how everything is glitching after line "apfs_module_start:1277"

Waiting.png

"Still waiting for root device".
When booting from USB means that there is a problem finding a valid System folder to start up from on your USB flash drive.
This is usually because the flash drive is in a USB3 port.
If this is the case move it to a USB2 port, if it is already in a USB2 port move it to another and try again.
Repeat until you have tried all USB ports.
Use a USB2 flash drive.
If it still doesn't work you could try another flash drive.
You might also try enabling Legacy on your USB3 ports in your BIOS settings.
If you only have USB3 ports try with your USB flash drive in a USB2 hub.
Ensure that Fast Boot is not enabled in your BIOS settings.
May require USBInjectAll.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.

The problem may also occur when your USB controllers are unsupported, if this is the case you should add the appropriate kext to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other or try GenericUSBXHCI.kext.

I don't know what is the problem. Help?

FIX.png

You have OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi and OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi and the two are mutually exclusive, use one or the other but not both.
I would suggest that alternatively you remove them both and use AptioMemoryFix.efi.
If you do decide to use AptioMemoryFix.efi then you can also remove EmuVariableUefi-64.efi as they both do the same thing.

Hmm, my bad. Didn't saw "still waiting for root device". I already tried all the USB ports, 2.0 and 3.0, every time the same thing. Ok, I will follow your latest instructions and get back to post progress. Thanks for your help so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back