Contribute
Register

Stuck at "Still waiting for root device" - tried almost everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. Switching from USB 3.0 port to 2.0 port worked for me.

I have the same issue but npci=0x3000 -v -x works for me.

But I still cannot boot to the ML drive. I have to boot to the USB drive and then the ML drive.

I have the same issue but npci=0x3000 -v -x works for me.

But I still cannot boot to the ML drive. I have to boot to the USB drive and then the ML drive.
try -v npci=0x3000 cpus=1

I had exactly the same problem, couldn't get around it. I plugged the USB drive into the usb-2 ports for the keyboard and mouse and it finally continued with the install! Phew, just about going to throw the hat in and give up.
Thanks for the pointers.

Even i have done almost all the same, but still end up with a black screen.
intel DZ75ML-45K, i5 3570, 8gb ram

"Waiting for root device" is not a graphics problem. It means it can't find the USB drive to boot from it. Try the USB drive in different ports. Try remaking the drive with Unibeast. Try a different flash drive for making Unibeast. Unplug all drives except the one to which you will install OSX. Make sure that drive is plugged into the 1st SATA port.

Does It work ?,
if it will work, thank u in advance,
can u tell me how to install mac os x 10.5 or 10.6 on my hp elitebook 6930p
Specs:
2 GB Ram
1 Optical Drive CD/DVD R/W
Intel Core 2 Duo P8700 @ 2.53 GHz 2.53 GHz
x64 Based Proccesor

I've tried my best but no results,
i've tried OS X 10.6 with iBoot but it stucks at :beachball: still waiting for root device,
as you told that it is the problem of usb drive or usb port, i'll try it tonight .
thanks for giving guide. and please tell me how to install mac os x 10.6 on my laptop hp 6930p please reply fast please please please !:beachball::(:cry::|

Does It work ?,
if it will work, thank u in advance,
can u tell me how to install mac os x 10.5 or 10.6 on my hp elitebook 6930p
Specs:
2 GB Ram
1 Optical Drive CD/DVD R/W
Intel Core 2 Duo P8700 @ 2.53 GHz 2.53 GHz
x64 Based Proccesor

I've tried my best but no results,
i've tried OS X 10.6 with iBoot but it stucks at :beachball: still waiting for root device,
as you told that it is the problem of usb drive or usb port, i'll try it tonight .
thanks for giving guide. and please tell me how to install mac os x 10.6 on my laptop hp 6930p please reply fast please please please !:beachball::(:cry::|

for help with installing on a laptop, post your problems in the Laptop Forum.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/laptops/
List your laptop model and what you have tried already and what the results were.

i'M having the same problem i've tried in all port of usb but does'nt work, first it booted 1st time as o change the usb port but then usb become curropted and then it shows again and again the same error still waiting for root device guide me please !:(:cry:

i'M having the same problem i've tried in all port of usb but does'nt work, first it booted 1st time as o change the usb port but then usb become curropted and then it shows again and again the same error still waiting for root device guide me please !:(:cry:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/laptops/ is your best bet - simple search with your hp elitebook model got me http://www.tonymacx86.com/search.php?googleSearch=hp elitebook 6930p

Next time try searching before posting! From the Rules:
[h=2]Posting[/h]
  • Please use the search function before creating a new topic. The question that you ask may have already been answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back