Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Z270 ROG MAXIMUS IX HERO
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Okay, I recently had to recover to 10.12.5 after 10.12.6 bricked my machine. It lost my Clover boot loader, so I used Multibeast to install it. Now it's stuck at a line of + signs. I have tried every combination of args and flags and can't get past this hurdle.

Any thoughts or should I just recover and use mu USB drive every time I boot up?

Last edited:
Any thoughts or should I just recover and use mu USB drive every time I boot up?
If your machine boots fine with your USB drive then use that EFI folder for your hard drive.

Copy the EFI folder of your USB drive to the desktop, now mount the EFI partition of your hard drive, find and delete the EFI folder that is currently on the hard drive and replace it with the one you copied from the USB drive.

If your machine boots fine with your USB drive then use that EFI folder for your hard drive.

Copy the EFI folder of your USB drive to the desktop, now mount the EFI partition of your hard drive, find and delete the EFI folder that is currently on the hard drive and replace it with the one you copied from the USB drive.

I ended up recovering again, copying my EFI folder from my USB to my EFI partition. It's stable and works like 99%, but now I can't get it to save the change to use NVIDIA web drivers, even when use the proper boot args and flags. I was thinking of editing the config file to add the new way of calling up the web drivers seen here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/new-method-for-enabling-nvidia-web-drivers-in-clover.202341/

But I'm afraid it'll **** up everything.

but now I can't get it to save the change to use NVIDIA web drivers, even when use the proper boot args and flags.
BIOS - Disable Integrated Graphics - PEG as Primary
Use a digital connection to your monitor - VGA is not supported.
Boot with nv_disable=1
Install Nvidia Web Drivers
Config.plist - Do not inject Intel or Nvidia graphics and no ig-platform-id
Edit config.plist - NvidiaWeb = true as per Link
May need to emulate NVRAM - Problem 6 (Install EmuVariableUefi-64 + RC Scripts) or install AptioMemoryFix or OsxAptioFixv3
Remove nv_disable=1 from config.plist
MacPro 6,1 or iMac 15 or iMac 17 System Definition need black screen fix as per Link

Okay, so I've:

Set PEG as primary
Using digital connector
booted with nv_disable=1
Installed the correct web drivers
edited my config.plist to: not inject, no ig-platform-id, set NvidiaWeb=true as per link.
NVRAM already emulated, but I updated again just incase.
Removed nv_disable=1 from config.plsit
I don't have the black screen.

I'm running 10.12.5 and I switch to the Nvidia web driver and restart, only to have it not work.

What boot flags do I need checked? Under the boot options there is a section for graphics, what should I have checked in there? Are their any kexts I should make sure I have?

Never mind after playing with the flags a bit I need: Inject Nvidia, Use web driver in the options graphics injection, and checking the old Nvidia flag. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back