Contribute
Register

Stuck at PCI Configuration begin: ASUS X99-E WS/USB 3.1 + Xeon E5-2690 v3 + TITAN X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus X99-M WS
CPU
Xeon E5 V3 12C
Graphics
GTX 750Ti
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi I have similar rig as you, my mb is X99-M WS and CPU is xeon as well.
my problem is different ...cant pass RTC or PCI configuration fail to start and restart the machine...i think those not needed when booting: kext-dev-mode=1 rootless=0
I use : -v npc-0x2000 nv_disable=1 any other keys will give mass errors and Kpanic...

Did either of you ever get things going with this board?

I'm in the exact same boat. Any luck on this?

I have ASUS x99-M WS, running Yosemite, El Capitan and Sierra.
Yosemite doesn't have speedstep, and needs extras to get running.
El Capitan is very compatible but needs a patched USB and DSDT.
Sierra is even more compatible and doesn't have to have a DSDT.

These pointers are for Seirra . . .

NOTE: You will use these Clover and kext configurations for the macOS installer and computer system boot.

I'm using SMBOIS MacPro6,1

Several of the flags you guys are using don't do anything.
For example you don't need KernelHaswellE, Asus AICPUPM.
I don't think VoodooTSCSync is needed either, I don't use it in El Capitan or Sierra.

The only differences might be if you are using components not supported by Apple.

These Clover RT Variables are essential . . .
Bootconfig=0x28
CsrActiveConfig=0x67
Note: CsrActiveConfig=0x3 doesn't work, installer gets stuck at white screen - forever.

To make an installer, Forget UniBeast, it doesn't work with these boards.
Use the terminal method to copy the macOS installer to any storage device 8GB or greater . . .
( Give the device you are installing the installer on, the name USB )

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app --nointeraction

USB is a problem with these boards, using an internal SATA port for installer avoids USB issues.
You can use an SSD plugged into an internal SATA port, or in an external USB enclosure.

To use USB you will have to install Rehabman's kexts . . . USBInjectAll.kext . . . XHCI-x99-injector.kext
https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-USB-Inject-All
You'll place them in the Clover EFI kext folder 10.12 (make it if not present).
A DSDT is ideal, but these kext will get USB working enough to use the system.

Use the most current version of Clover . . .
https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/

Place a current FakeSMC.kext in the Clover EFI kext folder 10.12.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/fakesmc.325/

The kexts mentioned so far are all you need to boot the Installer and the macOS system.

You'll have to add other kext for Audio, WiFi, Ethernet, BlueTooth etc. as needed.

Here's my Clover config.plist . . .
config.plist

Here's my Clover install settings . . .
CloverSettins.pdf

Hope This Helps

Attachments

• config.plist
    3.8 KB · Views: 568
  • CloverSettins.pdf
    419.5 KB · Views: 559
Last edited:
Still no luck. Is this something related to the fact that it's a Xeon processor with no built in graphics, or the GTX980? Or what other possible causes are there here?

Also, why doesn't Unibeast work with these boards??

Still no luck. Is this something related to the fact that it's a Xeon processor with no built in graphics, or the GTX980? Or what other possible causes are there here?

Also, why doesn't Unibeast work with these boards??

You have to list your hardware specs for anyonwe to be able to provide useful help.

Search for a build with the specs you want to use to see if anyone else has those working.

Unibeast just doesn't work with all hardware specs.

Oh right, apologies! I'm not sure if anyone has my exact build working that I've seen, but a few that were pretty close. I've been working on this for weeks in my spare time and I've tried a number of different guides that had similar builds and I always end up stuck here. I've been using Linux on it in the meantime and it just reminds me how much I miss OS X, I just wish I could get it installed on this powerful machine. Thanks for any help you can provide.
Asus X99-a/USB 3.1
Xeon E5-2690 v4
GTX980 Ti

Google Search for "Xeon E5-2690 v4 Clover"

You might find some help that way.

Sorry but I can't help.

hi bro i have solution of stuck if you use old clover post utility your probleum will solve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back