Contribute
Register

Stuck at Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z87 G45
CPU
i5-4670K
Graphics
Intel HD 4600
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Can someone help me? I installed OS X on my hard drive after I patched my BIOS using pmpatch but when I tried to boot from it, it stuck at Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport.

I've tried to boot with;
-v
-f
GraphicsEnabler=No

but still failed.

Can someone help me? I installed OS X on my hard drive after I patched my BIOS using pmpatch but when I tried to boot from it, it stuck at Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport.

I've tried to boot with;
-v
-f
GraphicsEnabler=No

but still failed.

Your gfx is probably not initializing. Try boot with -v -x

Your gfx is probably not initializing. Try boot with -v -x

Thanks!

I was having the same issue (Stuck at Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport) but I am able to boot successfully using -v -x

What do I have to change to prevent me from having to enter this command at each boot? Thanks!

Stuck at Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport! SOLVED!

I solved the problem with the missing bluetooth controller transport with the following from InsanelyMac Legend rlf:

Boot -s. When you see the prompt "root:", then:

Type: mount -uw /
Type: cd /System/Library/Extensions
Type: mkdir intel_back
Type: mv AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelF* intel_back/
Type: touch ../Extensions

Reboot -v

I've tried to boot with;
-v
-f
GraphicsEnabler=No

but still failed.

[SUCCESS]

[TROUBLESHOOTING 10.8.5]

Hi there...I just updated to 10.8.5 from 10.7.4 and had similar issue where it would say Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport but after waiting for about a minute the loading would continue.
However, I would get to home screen and the system would freeze. After some research I found out that in 10.8.5 if you are using npci= key you must set it to npci=0x2000 instead of npci=0x3000. Again this is 10.8.5 version of Mountain Lion we are talking about. In your case it might be different.

npci=0x2000 could solve the Still waiting for Root Device issue

I use the following boot flags in order to successfully boot on 10.5.8
darkwake=0 npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No -v

org.chameleon.Boot.plist
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0 npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No -v</string>

*note I have two GraphicsEnabler=No. One as a separate key. This helped prevent issues were GraphicsEnabler=No would not register using <key>Kernel Flags</key> parameter.

If you can't get pass the boot try using -x (Safe Mode) and see if you can at least get to the home screen and navigate.

[MORE ADVICE FOR THOSE OF YOU TRYING TO SUCCESSFULLY BOOT]

Here are some additional steps that will help improve performance and stability of your system

VoodooTSCSync.kext fixes cpus=1 (enables all cores)
EvOverboot.kext fixes the issues were attempting restart would cause the system to hang on startup.

I solved the problem with the missing bluetooth controller transport with the following from InsanelyMac Legend rlf:

Reboot -v

After doing this my hard drive will not show up at startup just the installer.

Reboot -v

This works for me and I'm able to boot to the desktop once, but as soon as I turn it off or try to reboot, it's broken again, and I have to go through the process once more (copying back the kexts and moving them again with these command lines).

From the -v stuff I see on the screen when turning the computer off, it seems the system is doing a bunch of updates and things that break this. Any idea how to prevent it?

I'm on 10.9.2

This works for me and I'm able to boot to the desktop once, but as soon as I turn it off or try to reboot, it's broken again, and I have to go through the process once more (copying back the kexts and moving them again with these command lines).

From the -v stuff I see on the screen when turning the computer off, it seems the system is doing a bunch of updates and things that break this. Any idea how to prevent it?

I'm on 10.9.2

Are you booting from your usb or directly from the hard drive?

I know this is an old thread, but I'm getting really frustrated. I'm at the same point and there's a lot of advise out there including this thread where people seem to get it working. But they all talk about inputting those line when getting to "root:"
When I boot in single user mode i get to "bash-3.2#" and the system will not recognise the commands. I have found nothing about this anywhere, so I hope someone can help me. Everything was working fine up until this, and I'm stuck. Thanks.

Edit: Well, by unplugging the keyboard and mouse while booting, I got past the message. I have no idea why. But I've had no problems since!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back