Contribute
Register

Stuck at Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everybody seems to be having success using the boot -s method and entering those commands, but all I'm getting is error messages saying the operation is not permitted. It's in read only mode apparently. What is everybody else doing that I'm missing? :(

Everybody seems to be having success using the boot -s method and entering those commands, but all I'm getting is error messages saying the operation is not permitted. It's in read only mode apparently. What is everybody else doing that I'm missing? :(

If your boot loader is Clover boot in Single user mode.

If your boot loader is Clover boot in Single user mode.

Yes, that's where I was getting the error. The bash shell only had read access, so I was getting "operation is not permitted".

What am I doing wrong if i select single user mode but then I still get stuck at "Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport". I can't see the root prompt.

What am I doing wrong if i select single user mode but then I still get stuck at "Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport". I can't see the root prompt.

Are you really trying to install Mountain Lion ? If not then you are posting in the wrong thread.

I solved the problem with the missing bluetooth controller transport with the following from InsanelyMac Legend rlf:

Boot -s. When you see the prompt "root:", then:

Type: mount -uw /
Type: cd /System/Library/Extensions
Type: mkdir intel_back
Type: mv AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelF* intel_back/
Type: touch ../Extensions

Reboot -v

After doing this my hard drive will not show up at startup just the installer.

Okay so, I have this problem or a similar problem. I get these symptoms when messing around trying to get my audio working. With the audio not working (no input/output) devices everything boots nice and swiftly but obviously I have not audio.

Using Multibeast to install 'NO DSDT/ALC887/888b/v100302 current' and 'Optional 3 port Audio Enabler' I get working audio but 'Missing Bluetooth Transport Controller' which pauses but then boots only to find the USB K/B and Mouse not working for at least 2 minutes. Eventually the K/B and Mouse work and I can log in and everything appears okay.

Additionally if I use Screen Sharing to connect while the K/B and Mouse are not working I can login in with no issue so I'm guessing it has something to do with USB connected devices.

Is it the audio settings causing this issue or is that a Red Herring?

Hardware of consequence is:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2-DVI (rev 1)
CPU: Intel i3 3240
GFX: nVidia GeForce 210 1GB Silent

Regards

For me it worked to hard reset my BIOS and configure it new by hand.

I found that setting the number of processors to 1 instead of any more resolved this issue for me. Surface Pro 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back