1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there,

I have trouble getting past step 4 of the Installation Guide, completing the macOS installation. After erasing my target drive and installing Mojave, the system reboots and I choose to boot from the new Mojave partition from the Unibeast boot screen. The Apple logo appears and the loading bar completes. This enters the 'Language Chooser' screen where it says it will take 15 minutes to complete installation. However, mouse and keyboard are now unresponsive and the installation window is grey, not selected. After a minute or so, the system reboots and I am in the same loop.

I checked and changed my BIOS while trying the installation multiple times. As the Installation Guide states, I loaded Optimized Defaults, disabled VT-d, set OS to Other OS, disable IO Serial Port and enabled XHCI Handoff. I could not find CFG-lock and to disable Secure Boot Mode I had to disable CMS. I was not able to figure out how to disable USB 3.0, and my motherboard only has USB 3.0 ports.

After multiple attempts of trying to complete the installation and various trouble shooting methods I am out of luck. (I tried multiple USB ports, updated the BIOS from F7 to F8, tried booting into safe mode) In my last few attempts I did not even make it to the Language Chooser, just a black screen and get a reboot. I am really out of ideas now and could use some tips to fix the frozen language chooser.

System:
Gigabyte Z390 UD
Intel Core i7-8700
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3000mhz
Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB m.2

Language Chooser.jpg
Unibeast.jpg

Hello, could you solve the problem? I'm in the same situation

Hello, could you solve the problem? I'm in the same situation

Hi, yes and no. I have been trying to install macOS on my machine for months now. I have tried High Sierra and Mojave installs, both through the installation guide and vanilla installs. Some times I got it working but then the system would freeze. When trying to reboot, it was not able to boot into macOS anymore. I have tried so many different things that I would not be able to tell you how I past the problem of the language chooser. I was waiting for the installation guide for Catalina but have not tried anymore since it's release, I hope to do so in the near future. For now I got a Windows 10 install. However, that is of course not where this system was build for but after so many failed attempts I kind of lost the motivation to try the new guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back