Core 2 Quad Q9400
Graphics
Zotac GTX 550 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey guys,

First of all this is a brilliant site and has helped me numerous times for all my mackintosh needs, so kudos to y'all.
Now coming to my problem,
My rig is:-
1) i5 skylake 6500
2) h170-d3h gigabyte
3)onboard intel hd530 gfx
4) adata sp550 ssd
5) corsair vs450 PSU.

I was running 10.12.4 fine, until I got an update, my father uses this rig primarily, he clicked on it.
After restart I am getting stuck at IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenlockstate 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0
I have attached a photo of the same.
Also, when I upgraded to Sierra, I had the GPU flickers at the top left corner for which I had applied a fix which made the system read my graphic as intel HD 7000.

I don't have valuable date on the Mac as everything I use is on the server. I can afford to do a format, but if possible I would like to fix this situation.
Sorry for the bad English.
Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_20170525_184757.jpg
    IMG_20170525_184757.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 473
I was running 10.12.4 fine, until I got an update, my father uses this rig primarily, he clicked on it. After restart I am getting stuck at IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenlockstate 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0
There are changes to the new 10.12.5 Intel graphics drivers which may cause black screen or hang on boot.

Try to boot with an invalid ig-platform-id (0x12345678).
At Clover Boot Screen select Options > Graphics Injector > FakeID

When you reach the desktop, install the install the kexts (Lilu.kext, IntelGraphicsFixup.kext) to /Library/Extensions using KextBeast

Hey guys,

First of all this is a brilliant site and has helped me numerous times for all my mackintosh needs, so kudos to y'all.
Now coming to my problem,
My rig is:-
1) i5 skylake 6500
2) h170-d3h gigabyte
3)onboard intel hd530 gfx
4) adata sp550 ssd
5) corsair vs450 PSU.

I was running 10.12.4 fine, until I got an update, my father uses this rig primarily, he clicked on it.
After restart I am getting stuck at IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenlockstate 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0
I have attached a photo of the same.
Also, when I upgraded to Sierra, I had the GPU flickers at the top left corner for which I had applied a fix which made the system read my graphic as intel HD 7000.

I don't have valuable date on the Mac as everything I use is on the server. I can afford to do a format, but if possible I would like to fix this situation.
Sorry for the bad English.
Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

I just use the older version of the clover bootloader, r4047, r4049, it just works fine

There are changes to the new 10.12.5 Intel graphics drivers which may cause black screen or hang on boot.

When you reach the desktop, install the install the kexts (Lilu.kext, IntelGraphicsFixup.kext) to /Library/Extensions using KextBeast

Hey Thank you for your kind advice I have reached the desktop, and I have also installed the said kexts.
However I am facing a problem of graphic distortion, i.e all items are getting torn on screen, also, Graphic is shown as Intel 7000 7 MB only.
I wanted to know that should I inject the fake id permanently in the clover config inside the efi partition?

Once again thank you for your sound advice.

regards.

EDIT:- NVM I just installed the kexts and alls good. GFX is back to normal 1536 mb after the kexts and also I didn't use fake platform id permanently inside the config.plist.

Thanks

Last edited:
I just use the older version of the clover bootloader, r4047, r4049, it just works fine

itwas (or anybody else please), could you be so kind to indicate how to obtain and run the older version of clover bootloader (r4047 or r4049). After several years of having an stable system I decided that I need to upgrade from Mavericks to Sierra. I did a clean install using UniBeast 7.1.1 and MultiBeast - Sierra 9.1.0 and I got stuck the same way as the OP with Sierra 10.12.5. My system is pretty basic:

Gigabyte Z77N-WIFI
Intel Graphics 4000
16 GB RAM (two sticks of 8)

I appreciate it very much. Many hours trying to find what is going on until I found this thread!!!

Last edited:
itwas (or anybody else please), could you be so kind to indicate how to obtain and run the older version of clover bootloader (r4047 or r4049). After several years of having an stable system I decided that I need to upgrade from Mavericks to Sierra. I did a clean install using UniBeast 7.1.1 and MultiBeast - Sierra 9.1.0 and I got stuck the same way as the OP with Sierra 10.12.5. My system is pretty basic:

Gigabyte Z77N-WIFI
Intel Graphics 4000
16 GB RAM 9two sticks of 8)

I appreciate it very much. Many hours trying to find what is going on until I found this thread!!!
https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/files/Installer/

Gigabyte Z77N-WIFI
Intel Graphics 4000
16 GB RAM 9two sticks of 8)

You may try the latest version r4097, r4091 both works fine on Sierra 10.12.5 (tested on my Z77N-WiFi/GT640, B75M-D3H/HD4000 hardware).
r4077, r4061, r4035 do not works

http://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/
https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/files/Installer/

Actually I did upgrade from Mavericks to Sierra on my old Mavericks HDD, no problem, update the clover first, and run the Sierra installation app downloaded from AppStore.

(make sure that FakeSMC.kext, RealtekRTL1111.kext are in the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.12/ folder or EFI/CLOVER/kexts/others/)

Ok, vulgo and itwas, I appreciate the quick replies. So does this imply that I should not use MultiBeast - Sierra 9.1.0 to install Sierra 10.12.5?

I guess I probably need a set of instructions of what to do after I finished with the step 4 (using UniBeast 7.1.1) of the official instructions from tonymacx86:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.200564/

Sorry folks I need a little bit more 'hand holding' as 'MultiBeast - Sierra 9.1.0' comes as a package with a built in clover bootloader that does not work with Sierra 10.12.5. Thanks again for your assistance and this great site!

It looks like the option proposed by BreBo might be better for me. I just need to figure out how to configure clover to do this step:

"Try to boot with an invalid ig-platform-id (0x12345678).
At Clover Boot Screen select Options > Graphics Injector > FakeID".

Update: a little bit of progress I guess. I made it to the desktop and run the KextBeast with the above kexts. Unfortunately when I reboot I am back on square one and get stuck in the same place (IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenlockstate 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0). Apparently my Graphics FakeID is back to 0x00000000

Any ideas what to do next please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back