Graphics
GTX 970 G1 gaming Gigabyte
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So I built my first hackintosh less than a month ago.
  • mobo: ASUS Z97i-plus (mITX)
  • CPU: i5-4670k
  • 8gb RAM
So I installed yosemite 10.10 and was stuck on [IOBluetoothHCIController[start]completed. After some time I managed to boot it (I don't remember wchich flags I used at the time:() and it worked perfectly. I could put it to sleep and wake it again, I could boot without any problems everthing worked okey but some minor problems with the audio.
However, 2 weeks ago my graphics card finally arrived, a gtx 970 by gigabyte. I installed it no problem, but when I try to boot the hackintosh it will get stuck again at
[IOBluetoothHCIController[start]completed So I changed back to onboard graphics just to download the drivers hoping it would boot, but it doesn't and I get stuck at the same point.
What I have tried:
  • HDMI
  • DVI
  • -x
  • -v
  • GraphicsEnabler=No
  • GraphicsEnabler=Yes
  • All of this things both with the onboard grapics and with the gtx 970

UPDATE 1:
using my gtx970 I got to boot using:-v nv_disable=1 nvda_dvr=1, however it is veeery laggy and it is painful to use it that way

thank you in advance guys
;)

Last edited:
Which ever graphics you choose this has to be mirrored both in your BIOS and org.chameleon.Boot.list. With one booting integrated and another booting discrete you are going to come across the graphics boot error.

My suggestion would be to enable your graphics card in the BIOS and set it as Init Display First>PCI/PCIE. Disable on board Intel graphics and boot with -x nv_disable=1. Locate /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist and change IPGEnabler to No. Use text edit. In Kernel Flags add nv_drv=1 save this plist if you haven't already.

Thank you very much, I can finally use my brand new 970 ;). However it is to be noticed, that the image will only be displayed through the DVI port and nothing else. I will have to look for a solution for that as I prefer HDMI or DP but at least I get to use it. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back