CPU
i7 4790k
Graphics
2 x GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys! Please help a poor newbie out! I'd really appreciate it! :)

I've had my Hackintosh running for about 3 years now working like a charm :)
I've got El Capitan installed on a SSD and I´ve got an extra SSD for more space.
Now I want to install windows 10 on a third SSD drive in UEFI, but I get stuck at the installation screen.

I have unplugged the other disks and plugged in a formated SSD (I've tried NTFS and ExFat).
I have used Rufus to make a bootable USB drive to install Windows 10 using this guide and settings:
https://www.eightforums.com/threads/uefi-bootable-usb-flash-drive-create-in-windows.15458/

However I get stuck at the installation screen where it asks where to install Windows 10.
As seen in the picture it says "Windows can't be installed on Drive0 partition 2."
I've tried following step-by-step guides but can't get past this one.

Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks a ton! :) :)

Screenshot:
install_stuck.jpg

Here are also my system specs in case that could help! :)

Motherboard:
ASUS Z97-A

CPU:

I7-4790K

GPU:
Two pieces of Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB G1

RAM:
Crucial 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 CL9 1600Mhz Ballistix

HDD:
Two pieces of Samsung 850-Series EVO 500GB

Cooler:

Noctua NH-D14

Case:
Corsair Carbide 200R

Power Supply:
Corsair AX760 760W

Last edited:
It looks as if you have formatted the drive - what app did you use to format it?
With your hardware I would think UEFI installation of Windows is what you want. Did you make sure to select UEFI version of the Win7 install creation? It does not look as if you did. What does it say if you select the (show details) option?

It looks as if you have formatted the drive - what app did you use to format it?
With your hardware I would think UEFI installation of Windows is what you want. Did you make sure to select UEFI version of the Win7 install creation? It does not look as if you did. What does it say if you select the (show details) option?

Thanks a lot for the help! :)
I managed to get Windows 10 running now. I formatted the disk in FAT32 in disk utility, then erased the partitions using the Win 10 installer, then made new ones there.
So now it's running :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back