Contribute
Register

Stuck at installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've looked at the link for enabling Kaby Link Intel 6xx Graphics, but the instructions seems to be based on having an OS. So has all other instructions I've looked at online. I'm in the process of installing on a blank computer, so I've got no OS whatsoever

Installs Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext in /Library/Extensions

I've looked at the link for enabling Kaby Link Intel 6xx Graphics, but the instructions seems to be based on having an OS. So has all other instructions I've looked at online. I'm in the process of installing on a blank computer, so I've got no OS whatsoever
Try to boot with a FakeID (0x12345678).
At Clover Boot Screen select Options > Graphics Injector > FakeID and enter 0x12345678

When you reach the desktop, use MultiBeast and install:
MultiBeast > Customize > Graphics Configuration > Intel HD 6xx
Intel Graphics Fixup is selected and greyed out but will be installed with it

did this work for anyone? i got all my parts last night and i'm ready to start the install.
At Clover Boot Screen select Options > Graphics Injector > FakeID and enter 0x12345678

Done - almost... Wifi doesn't work yet. Any suggestions? Other threads recommend various USB and PCI adaptors, what's best?

Last edited:
Done - almost... Wifi doesn't work yet. Any suggestions? Other threads recommend various USB and PCI adaptors, what's best?

Honestly I am not sure. I just got all my items the other day and was finally able to get the OS X up and running. The Wifi and Bluetooth isn't working and I have watched so many youtube videos, more than I can count. I guess I am gonna have to go out and just buy a USB adapter. Sucks, wish someone knew how to fix it.

Last edited by a moderator:
How frustrating!!! OS was up and running, started to install software I want to use. And suddenly it boots like this. The screen comes up for a second and then the system reboots

Attachments

• 20170911_094523.jpg
    20170911_094523.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 95
How frustrating!!! OS was up and running, started to install software I want to use. And suddenly it boots like this. The screen comes up for a second and then the system reboots
The problem is caused by the AppleIGB Ethernet kext that you installed.
Boot in safe mode and remove it or just reinstall and don't install it.

When attempting to install in MultiBeast it goes "The installation failed. The installer encountered an error that caused the software to fail. Check the MultiBeast.log Install log for more details"

The problem is caused by the AppleIGB Ethernet kext that you installed.
Boot in safe mode and remove it or just reinstall and don't install it.
Which of the network drivers would be the right one to install? Ethernet not working. Will be more careful now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back