Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

I began to install snow leopard on my pc by following the guide. When I get the the first iBoot screen I have a lot of options there. I have my Windows recovery partition, my main partition with all my files and my Hackintosh partition which I want to install SL on to Dual Boot. When I ejected iBoot and inserted my SL install disk, I got an error message saying:

"Memory allocation error! Addr=0xdeadbeef, Size 0x0, File=ati.c, Line= 669
This is a non recoverable error! System HALTED!!!"

Anyone have any advice on how to fix this?

Can we get more details about your system? How much ram do you have installed? Did you set your BIOS settings correctly(ACHI drive, HPET 64-bit, S3 sleep, etc.) Are you sure your iBoot iso was downloaded and burned correctly? Without knowing more info about your setup, All I can say is to try redownloading and re-burning the iso on the slowest possible setting, and make sure you check the option to verify after burning.

I have my ACHI drive setup, but I do not see options for HPET 64-bit or the S3 sleep option. iBoot was burned correctly and works but I will retry the burn process.

Edit:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 720 @ 1.60GHz 1.60GHz
RAM: 4 GB
System Type: 64-bit OS
Video Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4670

Just a guess, but try waiting 30 seconds after you put the Snow Leopard disk in before you hit F5.

Still stuck at that error screen. I tried waiting and the same thing happened. I reburned the iBoot disc too and am still getting the error.

Should I disable my current windows partition while I am installing?

Update:

I can get to the white Apple screen but it gets stuck at that page with the loading circle below the Apple icon. Any ideas??

Can you boot up using verbose(-v) and tell us where it gets stuck, or does iBoot not support that?

I tried -v and it began to run but it got to a line that said ATI POSTed and then ran into the memory allocation error I got earlier and the system halted. I have also tried the -x and the PCIRootUID=1 method but none worked

Also, when it gets stuck.. It just looks like it's loading forever and I gave it about 10-15 minutes each time

A second attempt at -v worked and the install disk ran through some commands until it couldn't do anything

Edit: sorry, it got stuck after looking at both my recovery partition and my windows partition and noticing that it couldn't do anything with either one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back