Gigabyte GTX 960
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Post Installation - Stuck at gray screen with mouse pointer

The unibeast installation went well, but I can't actually get into the installed OS.

When the computer first boots, it gets past the apple logo, and hangs at the gray screen with the mouse pointer.

I have tried verbose mode, but it all looks fairly normal, and the computer hangs in the GUI after verbose ends anyway.

If I try -f or -x, Chimera returns "Can't find /System/Library/Kernels/mach_kernel"

It's a P55M-UD2 w/ a Radeon HD6870

Any ideas?

So some new developments...

If I boot the Unibeast USB and choose the drive with my Yosemite installation to try to get into the installer, it boots the Yosemite installation in safe mode. When I try to boot without the USB, I still get the gray screen with mouse pointer.

I have tried both GraphicsEnabler=Yes, GraphicsEnabler=No, and there is no change.

Has anyone else seen this?

Try adding to your boot.plist file:

<key>IGPEnabler</key><string>Yes</string>

having same problem on probook 4430s 6 series everything loads and then gets stuck before installation, grey screen with mouse pointer.I'm doing a fresh install please help. smbios is in /Extra i deleted <key>kernel<key> <string>mach_kernel<string> from boot plist still getting stuck.

oops wrong forum?

So far I've tried combinations of:

GraphicsEnabler
PCIRootUID
dart=0 (although it looks like my bios doesn't even support this)
IGPEnabler (I don't have onboard graphics, so I'm not sure about this one either)
npci=0x2000, npci=0x3000
kext-dev-mode=1

I'm still stuck at the gray screen and can't get into the os without safe mode.

You might need to add screen resolution...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back