Gigabyte H97M-D3H
CPU
i5-4750
Graphics
HD 4600
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi All

Have been trying for a clean setup of High Sierra 10.13.3 on my office desktop. The machine config is as follows:

MoBo: Gigabyte GA H61M DS2 DVI
Processor: Intel Core i3 3220
RAM: 6 GB
Graphics: Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 6750 2GB

But I could not get past the following message:
kextd stall[0], (240s): 'pci8086,1c3a

Any suggestions? I am appending my Clover zip sans the theme folder.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    12.7 MB · Views: 112
Hi All

Have been trying for a clean setup of High Sierra 10.13.3 on my office desktop. The machine config is as follows:

MoBo: Gigabyte GA H61M DS2 DVI
Processor: Intel Core i3 3220
RAM: 6 GB
Graphics: Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 6750 2GB

But I could not get past the following message:
kextd stall[0], (240s): 'pci8086,1c3a

Any suggestions? I am appending my Clover zip sans the theme folder.
  • Your CLOVER Folder/File structure is totally disorganized and chaotic.
  • It is impossible for your macOS High Sierra USB installer disk to boot using the CLOVER in its EFI Partition.
  • The uploaded sample CLOVER structure ( when compared) will explain more clearly why I think your CLOVER won't work as it is now.
  • Reinstall CLOVER and edit its contents including config.plist to make the disk bootable.
  • I don't have the exact MoBo + Graphics card to give you a copy of CLOVER as replacement.

Attachments

• CLOVER File Structure.png
    CLOVER File Structure.png
    102.6 KB · Views: 586
  • Your CLOVER Folder/File structure is totally disorganized and chaotic.
  • It is impossible for your macOS High Sierra USB installer disk to boot using the CLOVER in its EFI Partition.
  • The uploaded sample CLOVER structure ( when compared) will explain more clearly why I think your CLOVER won't work as it is now.
  • Reinstall CLOVER and edit its contents including config.plist to make the disk bootable.
  • I don't have the exact MoBo + Graphics card to give you a copy of CLOVER as replacement.

Hi cmn699

Appreciate the help. Have done what you suggested. But no change. Once again I have attached my Clover folder. Just FYI, I am using Clover v. 4411. Another tidbit, I was also trying out with the Sierra installer, where the same message came up and after halting there for a while, the installer would finally boot up. But with the High Sierra no luck.

Any suggestions? Googled the mysterious message. It seems it's the Intel MEI controller. Any clues?

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 185
Hi cmn699

Appreciate the help. Have done what you suggested. But no change. Once again I have attached my Clover folder. Just FYI, I am using Clover v. 4411. Another tidbit, I was also trying out with the Sierra installer, where the same message came up and after halting there for a while, the installer would finally boot up. But with the High Sierra no luck.

Any suggestions? Googled the mysterious message. It seems it's the Intel MEI controller. Any clues?
  • Your CLOVER file structure is still disorganized.
    • The EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other should NOT have another folder named "Extra " inside it holding a large portion the Essential kexts.
    • All the Essential kexts must be in "Other" folder only [See edited image asking you to copy all those kexts from Extra folder and pasting them on Other.]
    • After removing all kexts inside Extra and pasting them onto Other, 'Send To Trash' the "Extra".
  • Your /CLOVER/drivers64UEFI has a lot of files. I don't know why .
    • But I have not removed any now.
  • I have seen and edited config.plist also. [See uploaded images]
Hope this helps. I keep my fingers crossed!

Edited: By the way, you don't need IntelGraphicsFixup and other Intel related kexts in "Other" You have no Intel HD to install.

Attachments

• :CLOVER:kexts:Other.png
    :CLOVER:kexts:Other.png
    76.3 KB · Views: 507
  • ACPI.png
    ACPI.png
    310.5 KB · Views: 502
  • Boot.png
    Boot.png
    154.7 KB · Views: 548
  • Kernel and Kext Patches.png
    Kernel and Kext Patches.png
    141.2 KB · Views: 494
  • SMBIOS.png
    SMBIOS.png
    169.2 KB · Views: 440
  • Your CLOVER file structure is still disorganized.
    • The EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other should NOT have another folder named "Extra " inside it holding a large portion the Essential kexts.
    • All the Essential kexts must be in "Other" folder only [See edited image asking you to copy all those kexts from Extra folder and pasting them on Other.]
    • After removing all kexts inside Extra and pasting them onto Other, 'Send To Trash' the "Extra".
  • Your /CLOVER/drivers64UEFI has a lot of files. I don't know why .
    • But I have not removed any now.
  • I have seen and edited config.plist also. [See uploaded images]
Hope this helps. I keep my fingers crossed!

Edited: By the way, you don't need IntelGraphicsFixup and other Intel related kexts in "Other" You have no Intel HD to install.

Hi cmn699

Much appreciate the help. Followed your advice. But no luck either. This time around, a new message is thrown. It's as follows:

kextd stall[0], (240s): 'GFX0'

The installer gets stuck after that with no visible action. Have uploaded a screen-shot of the verbose message stream. Hope it gives you some hint.

Awaiting your response.

Attachments

• IMG_20180308_122334.jpg
    IMG_20180308_122334.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 302
Hi cmn699

Much appreciate the help. Followed your advice. But no luck either. This time around, a new message is thrown. It's as follows:

kextd stall[0], (240s): 'GFX0'

The installer gets stuck after that with no visible action. Have uploaded a screen-shot of the verbose message stream. Hope it gives you some hint.

Awaiting your response.

Hi cmn699

Another update. It looks like I had to wait for quite a while before hard rebooting the system. As it turns out, the installer did show up, eventually. I motioned through the required steps. But when the time came for the 2nd stage of the installation process, the same scenario popped up. Once again, the installer got stuck @ kextd stall[0], but this time the old message resurfaced i.e. pci8086,1c3a. And once more waiting for a long while, the installer finally chugged along but did not show any graphical output, rather a Black screen.

Any suggestions?

Hi cmn699

Another update. It looks like I had to wait for quite a while before hard rebooting the system. As it turns out, the installer did show up, eventually. I motioned through the required steps. But when the time came for the 2nd stage of the installation process, the same scenario popped up. Once again, the installer got stuck @ kextd stall[0], but this time the old message resurfaced i.e. pci8086,1c3a. And once more waiting for a long while, the installer finally chugged along but did not show any graphical output, rather a Black screen.

Any suggestions?
eventually. I motioned through the required steps.
  • Most likely you would have let the installer boot instead of switching to the partially installed System disk to continue the reboot from Clover Boot Manager(CBM) Screen.
    • You cannot just sit and watch the screen or come back after a break to see everything setup as we may be accustomed to do in most installations.
    • On reboot within the first 4-8 minutes of beginning of the installation process, soon after Partition and format from Disk Utility , it is best to press the Hotkey for Boot Disk Selection Screen and
    • select the Installer USB disk and ENTER to reach the CBM screen.
    • Once on the CBM screen, switch to the System disk to which the installer has already copied a few files in the first 4-8 minutes.
    • If you let to automatically reboot, from the CBM screen , the installer may boot again and can cause bizarre boot errors.
  • You will have to start the installation all over again.
  • This time, follow each reboot carefully entering the CBM screen using Installer USB and exiting CBM through partially installed System HDD.
  • Once you see the 3 icons _Installer Disk _System Disk and _Recovery Disk in CBM there will be one last reboot with just the System Disk and Recovery disk alone during the last reboot.
  • During this reboot you will create Apple Account, System Account, iClod account, Desktop setup and ready to install Clover & kexts on the System Disk using Multibeast or manually using downloaded clover and needed kexts and editing CLOVER folder contents including config.plist of the newly installed System Disk.

• Most likely you would have let the installer boot instead of switching to the partially installed System disk to continue the reboot from Clover Boot Manager(CBM) Screen.
    • You cannot just sit and watch the screen or come back after a break to see everything setup as we may be accustomed to do in most installations.
    • On reboot within the first 4-8 minutes of beginning of the installation process, soon after Partition and format from Disk Utility , it is best to press the Hotkey for Boot Disk Selection Screen and
    • select the Installer USB disk and ENTER to reach the CBM screen.
    • Once on the CBM screen, switch to the System disk to which the installer has already copied a few files in the first 4-8 minutes.
    • If you let to automatically reboot, from the CBM screen , the installer may boot again and can cause bizarre boot errors.
  • You will have to start the installation all over again.
  • This time, follow each reboot carefully entering the CBM screen using Installer USB and exiting CBM through partially installed System HDD.
  • Once you see the 3 icons _Installer Disk _System Disk and _Recovery Disk in CBM there will be one last reboot with just the System Disk and Recovery disk alone during the last reboot.
  • During this reboot you will create Apple Account, System Account, iClod account, Desktop setup and ready to install Clover & kexts on the System Disk using Multibeast or manually using downloaded clover and needed kexts and editing CLOVER folder contents including config.plist of the newly installed System Disk.

Hi cmn699

Apologies for the delayed response. Was busy with office work. In the mean time, I followed your suggestions, but no luck. I tried a clean reinstall. But after successfully showing up the Installer screen, at the second stage of the installation process after a long while a black screen would pop up.

Finally, I decided to downgrade my build to a Sierra installation, which ironically worked. This time around, I opted to update directly my system to High Sierra via the App Store. Once again, the first stage of the installation process ran smoothly. But once the system rebooted for the 2nd stage of the process the same scenario repeated itself. After halting for along while @ kextd stall[0], (240s): 'pci8086,1c3a, the system would only throw up a black screen. I should mention that after restarting from the first stage of the installation the CBM was displaying the 3 icons _Installer Disk _System Disk and _Recovery Disk.

Hope you have some answer for me. Just to remind you, I am using Clover v2_4411 and I am updating to HS 10.13.3 from Sierra 10.12.6.

Hi cmn699

Any suggestions?

Hi cmn699 & Pilgrim

Any suggestions? Highly appreciate any response. Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back