Intel Core i7-930
Graphics
AMD Radeon R9 280
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,
I have a problem with running the installer. I think I'm having a problem with the network card. Earlier, when I used El Capitan I had Kext for it, but to version 10.13 I can not find it anywhere. My Ethernet card: Gigabit LAN Marvell 88E8053 Can anyone help?

Attachments

• IMG_0533.JPG
    IMG_0533.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 140
Hi,
I have a problem with running the installer. I think I'm having a problem with the network card. Earlier, when I used El Capitan I had Kext for it, but to version 10.13 I can not find it anywhere. My Ethernet card: Gigabit LAN Marvell 88E8053 Can anyone help?
  • It was very thoughtful of you to upload the verbose boot screen to get help.

• The verbose Boot error has nothing to do with Ethernet card. It is from USB port not functioning.

• Before you can get any detailed help, please follow the Forum rules everyone posting on this Forum is expected to follow and edit your Personal Details to include the Minimum Hardware Specs like the Motherboard|CPU|Graphics in the appropriate sections there.

• Personal Details when edited properly, will list your major essential hardware under your login name and logo just as you see on everyone who responds to questions in this Forum.
    • This will facilitate readers to correlate the observed computer issues to the hardware and offer the appropriate troubleshoot steps to solve the issue.

Thanks for the reply. I have filled up my computer's configuration in profile. Do you think I have configured the clover bootloader wrong or is it a wrong configured bios? I also used other usb ports and the effect is the same.

Thanks for the reply. I have filled up my computer's configuration in profile. Do you think I have configured the clover bootloader wrong or is it a wrong configured bios? I also used other usb ports and the effect is the same.
  • If you are sure you have chosen all appropriate BIOS USB options, then it is likely there is a problem in your CLOVER.
  • You can upload your CLOVER from the USB installer Flash disk to the Forum as a Compressed file and someone can check it for you.
  • To access CLOVER , you need to first 'mount' the "EFI partition of the USB installer Flash Disk " on the Mac/Hack where the USB installer was created using the following steps:
    • Insert the USB Installer to the Mac/Hack
    • Click Finder >Preferences> [√] Hard disks [√] External Disks [See image]
      • This will show all had Disks (dark or grey) and USB disk (White) as icons on the Right side of Desktop
    • Download Clover Configurator Vibrant (CCV)http://mackie100projects.altervista.org/download-mac.php?version=vibrant
    • Launch CCV
    • After launching CCV, find and click on "Mount EFI" from the Left menu bar . (See sample image)
    • From the divided window that pops up , locate your USB installer shown as "EFI on EFI, Install 'TheNameGivenToUSB' "
    • From its Right end, click on "Mount Partition"
    • Find the white EFI icon of USB installer on the Desktop
    • Click on EFI>EFI>CLOVER
    • Right -click CLOVER>Compress CLOVER and upload to the Forum

Attachments

• 1.Finder>Preferences.png
    1.Finder>Preferences.png
    93.4 KB · Views: 141
  • 2.Mount EFI of USB.png
    2.Mount EFI of USB.png
    280.7 KB · Views: 147
My clover configuration

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    8.8 MB · Views: 75
My clover configuration
  • I have not checked the whole CLOVER yet but did a targeted exam of config.plist for the problem noted on your Verbose boot screen.
  • I have edited and annotated the config.plist_Devices_USB section to show what I think might be the problem and the suggested solution in green
  • You may try editing your config.plist from CLOVER using CCV and navigating to Devices Menu and placing [√] against Inject under USB using the image as a guide.
  • Then to save the edited file , go down to the "Tools" section all the way down on the Left Panel and find the 2nd Arrow and click and Save. (see image)

Attachments

• 1.config.plist_Devices_USB needs [√ ]Inject.png
    1.config.plist_Devices_USB needs [√ ]Inject.png
    117.6 KB · Views: 147
  • 2.Save edited config.png
    2.Save edited config.png
    296.6 KB · Views: 129
I made everything as you did, but unfortunately it did not help. Next is the same error in verbose.

I made everything as you did, but unfortunately it did not help. Next is the same error in verbose.
You should have uploaded the verbose boot screen for comparison.
I have edited the previously uploaded image for your information. Usually the screen will eventually show a Prohibit Entry sign if screen shot is continued or screen image viewed long enough.

Can you check your BIOS USB options for anything missing? BIOS will be the other area to check for the error seen on the uploaded verbose boot screen, once CLOVER problem has been addressed. I prefer you uploading the image of USB related options in your BIOS. Since I have never seen that board , I don't know how its BIOS menus look.

The other problem you could have is a Graphics related freeze because I doubt very much if your Radeon Graphics is supported in High Sierra. But I did not find evidence for that on the uploaded verbose boot image. It might show up later if the USB problem is overcome. I have never seen any Ethernet related boot failure since I have been building Hackintosh systems and actively troubleshooting. The reference to so-called 'Ethernet errors' is quite common in normal install and does not mean anything.

Attachments

• Eraly feature of USB failure.png
    Eraly feature of USB failure.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 110
In the attachment, I copy the picture from Verbose after changing the parameter in Device -> USB -> Inject (as you said before) and the picture with the "Prohibit Entry" sign. I also attach photos of the BIOS settings. I did not find any USB-related options that could affect this USB operating error. As for the graphics, I thought that now it will be easier to properly enable adding only the WhatEverGreen and Lilu kext. In El Capitan it was not that easy and I had to change FB but it worked for 1.5 years correctly.

Attachments

• IMG_0551.JPG
    IMG_0551.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 122
  • IMG_0550.JPG
    IMG_0550.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 119
  • BIOS_photos.zip
    14.5 MB · Views: 89
In the attachment, I copy the picture from Verbose after changing the parameter in Device -> USB -> Inject (as you said before) and the picture with the "Prohibit Entry" sign. I also attach photos of the BIOS settings. I did not find any USB-related options that could affect this USB operating error. As for the graphics, I thought that now it will be easier to properly enable adding only the WhatEverGreen and Lilu kext. In El Capitan it was not that easy and I had to change FB but it worked for 1.5 years correctly.
  • The verbose boot error shows you still have a non-functioning USB port or damaged USB installer not transferring files during installation.
  • If the problem was NOT in the BIOS USB choices or Config.plist >Devices or lack of USBInjectAll.kext in CLOVER/kexts/Other folder , try using a different USB port at the back of the computer . You may have to switch to different ones to find what works.
  • If you still cannot overcome this error you may try a new USB flash drive and create an installer although I have yet to see a case from a defective USB causing this error in the middle of an installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back