Contribute
Register

Stuck at boot after clover welcome screen, Asus Z270 + i7 7700K

Status
Not open for further replies.
@BreBo,
Thank you for the advice yesterday, I have managed to install macOS Sierra.

However, I have a couple of other issues now with the system, I installed MultiBeast, and after that the system doesn't boot from the SSD, I get the following output and it halts. (I am able to boot into the ssd using the USB disk used for install though?)

ASUS-2.png

Other issues:
My Ethernet, Wireless and Audio are all not working either, any hints on this?
  • Ethernet: Intel I219V, 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller
  • Wireless: TP-Link TL-WN881ND
  • Audio: Realtek ALC S1220A 8-Channel

Thanks again for the help.

Last edited:
I have the similar problem and even can't get into the install screen. I'm using the onboard graphics HD630. I've changed the FakeCPUID to 0x0506e3 and IntelGFX to 0x19168086, put FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext to kexts/other. Every time I boot from the usb, the screen turned off (lost video signal?) after the line "prevent idle sleep list:IODisplayWrangler + (1)".

I couldn't reach the installation screen.

[sovled]
I was using VGA to connect to the monitor. Using DVI/HDMI/DP solves the problem.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-28 at 10.46.38 am.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-28 at 10.46.38 am.png
    682.6 KB · Views: 216
  • config.plist
    12.3 KB · Views: 269
Last edited:
@BreBo,
Thank you for the advice yesterday, I have managed to install macOS Sierra.

However, I have a couple of other issues now with the system, I installed MultiBeast, and after that the system doesn't boot from the SSD, I get the following output and it halts. (I am able to boot into the ssd using the USB disk used for install though?)

View attachment 232820

Other issues:
My Ethernet, Wireless and Audio are all not working either, any hints on this?
  • Ethernet: Intel I219V, 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller
  • Wireless: TP-Link TL-WN881ND
  • Audio: Realtek ALC S1220A 8-Channel

Thanks again for the help.

Have you tried using OsxAptioFixDrv-64 instead?

Have you tried using OsxAptioFixDrv-64 instead?

Thanks for the suggestion adar, I can now boot from my SSD.
I have issues with the HD630 graphics and Audio.

screen shot at: https://www.dropbox.com/s/j27l3u4o4rvgbks/WechatIMG15.jpeg

Hardware:
Mother board: ASUS PRIME Z270-A
CPU: Intel I7-7700K
CPU cooler: USCorsair H115i
Memory: USCorsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 16G * 2
Power: USCorsair RM850x
SSD: SAMSUNG 960 EVO 250G M.2 NVMe SSD + SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250G SATA3 SSD
Graphics Card: ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING 1657-1860MHz 8G/8GHz GDDR5

I use UniBeast-7.0.1 to build a bootable usb drive, UEFI + NVIDIA disabled, change BIOS settings strictly as the tutorial, but as the title says, I stuck at boot screen, just showing 3 line, so disappeared

After searching, I found someone with same situation saying maybe is the memory slot order, I changed, but things didn't change

Need Help !!!!!!

hello sinfere,
after creating the pen drive following the instructions, I can not do the boot from usb.
my motherboard is ASUS "prime-Z270 a"and as I have a i7 7700k processor.
when I try to do the boot from usb, as well not read the pen drive and returns to boot with the first disk in the boot list.
can you tell me how best to set the bios to boot from usb
thank you

Last edited:
hello sinfere,
after creating the pen drive following the instructions, I can not do the boot from usb.
my motherboard is ASUS "prime-Z270 a"and as I have a i7 7700k processor.
when I try to do the boot from usb, as well not read the pen drive and returns to boot with the first disk in the boot list.
can you tell me how best to set the bios to boot from usb
thank you

It has been a little long since I tried it, I remember I use the top USB 3.1 Port, It works well, you may try different usb port
After successful installation, I found there remains too much problems(Graphic / Reboot / Sleep) to resolve, I don't have much time to dig, so I decided to wait for solutions to become mature on Z270 + Kaby Lake platform

Dear All,
I am having the same problem when i tried to install osx from unibeast USB, it is stuck at Apple logo. Could you please guide me if you succeeded.

Thank & best regards,
Khaing Mye (Myanmar)

I am having the same problem when i tried to install osx from unibeast USB, it is stuck at Apple logo.
Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back