Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H270-Gaming 3
CPU
i5-7400
Graphics
Internal
Hi there,

Not completely new to the community, as I've done my first successful build about four years ago. Decided I needed to completely upgrade system using all hardware noted in my profile (and below). Here's my issue:

I downloaded unibeast onto my USB as directed, along with Sierra install and Multibeast for Sierra. When I boot from the USB, all is well, until I click "Boot MacOS from USB". Once I click that, I just get stuck at this black screen with the Apple Logo

I've tried other USB ports (on my case and on my MOBO), I double-checked my bios settings noted below, and tried booting in safe mode which doesn't work. Seems as if my USB ports are completely powering off when I get to this point.

Hardware:
Gigabyte GA-H270-Gaming 3
i5 7400 7th gen processor
Ballistix 16GB (8x2) DDR4 2400 MT/s
Internal Graphics
Corsair 550m power

BIOS settings:
Step 1= Load Optimised Default
Step 2= IN BIOS Tab
  1. Windows 8/10 Features = Other OS
  2. Storage Boot Option Control = UEFI
Step 3= Peripherals Tab
  1. Initial Display Output = IGFX
  2. XHCI Handoff = Enabled (In USB Configuration)
Step 4= Chipset Tab
  1. VT-D = Disabled
  2. Internal Graphics = Enabled
Step 5= Save and Exit

All help is appreciated!!

Last edited:
When I boot from the USB, all is well, until I click "Boot MacOS from USB". Once I click that, I just get stuck at this black screen with the Apple Logo
Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v)

Same Here :C
This is a Desktop Support forum - For help with your Laptop you should post in the relevant Sierra Laptop Support forum.

Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v)

This is a Desktop Support forum - For help with your Laptop you should post in the relevant Sierra Laptop Support forum.

Hey thanks in advance for the assistance! Attached is a photo of where I end up booting from verbose (-v). Just gets stuck at this screen until I power off.

Attachments

• IMG_6364.JPG
    IMG_6364.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 147
deadislandrecords the problem is your CONFIG.LIST
Check KernelPM in Kernel and Ktext Patches

second option
try other random Config.List on forums
I'm having the same problem. What does "KernelPM in Kernel and Ktext Patches" mean? Is that something I do in unibeast? Is it a download from this site? I'm not a complete idiot, but I'm also not an expert.

deadislandrecords the problem is your CONFIG.LIST
Check KernelPM in Kernel and Ktext Patches

second option
try other random Config.List on forums

I’m going to have to agree with jstomel here, I’m following the path you (nightriderx) laid out for me, but what do I do with Kernel and Ktext Patches when I get there? Thanks!

@jstomel, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back