Contribute
Register

Stuck at Attempting System Restart... MACH Reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have access to a mac and have made my USB installer in windows. How would I go about fixing the same issue. Could you explain please how to drop the ACPI MATS/DMAR tables?. I don't know how to access config.plist without a mac? Is it possible to do this through shell?

Hi, I've tried all of these solutions and none are working for me :(. Just a general question, I have a working boot drive (my old one which was full called 'Main Original') and my new one 'Main'. Just to rule out anything, shouldn't it be true that if I load into 'Main' and I've copied the entire EFI folder from the working 'Main Original' to 'Main' that it should work/load exactly the same? I don't know why I'm still getting MACH reboots and kernel panics on MAIN!
I'm actually not sure whether the EFI folder on the drive gets loaded when you boot with that or if it's the EFI folder on the EFI partition of that drive (maybe someone can help me answer that), but because I don't know I've just copied the working EFI folder from 'Main Original' and put it everywhere (on MAINs EFI partition AND just in the root of the drive).
This still hasn't worked for me. Any ideas?

Attached is the EFI folder that works on 'Main Original' boot, but not 'Main'.
Attached is also what I'm asking regarding boot-up. When selecting Main in the Clover boot screen on startup, will it use the EFI Partition/EFI folder to load, or the one in the root directory on the drive?

Thanks.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    21.1 MB · Views: 43
  • Screen Shot 2021-05-02 at 4.44.18 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-02 at 4.44.18 pm.png
    521.5 KB · Views: 31
I don't know why I'm still getting MACH reboots and kernel panics on MAIN!
You have far too many incorrect/unnecessary DSDT fixes enabled.
Rule of thumb : Only enable the ones that you know what they do and that you definitely need.

Incidentally, AppleALC.kext is a plug-in kext for Lilu.kext, it will not work without it.

Screenshot 2021-05-02 at 09.57.59.png

Thanks I’ll try that. Still not sure what EFI folder I need to edit. Also still not sure how the same EFI folder can work on one drive and not another.

still not sure how the same EFI folder can work on one drive and not another.
May be related to additional kexts installed in /Library/Extensions.

the one you are trying to boot from
As I mentioned, I’m not sure when booting whether it’s the EFI folder in the EFI partition that’s loaded or the one on the non-EFI partition of the drive. ie, the “regular” mounted partition. I’m not sure why both of these locations have an EFI folder so it’s a bit confusing to me.
Do you know?
Thanks.

T
May be related to additional kexts installed in /Library/Extensions.
Thanks. I might try duplicating those locations as well.

Do you know?
Maybe you have installed Clover in both UEFI and Legacy modes.

UEFI mode installs to /EFI on the EFI partition whereas Legacy mode installs to to /EFI on the system partition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back