Contribute
Register

Stuck at Attempting System Restart... MACH Reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi. i am attempting clover high sierra on a dell precision 5520 to no avail.
started with the mach reboot error, but with the DSDT->fix header enabled, it managed to move on a little further.
continued with the instruction here as far as i can, but the screen simply halt at a stop sign.
anyone has done a install on a 5520 dell? if yes, kindly post the instruction or config.

attached is the result of the error. pls help.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    454.3 KB · Views: 331
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    276.5 KB · Views: 276
Last edited:
@tonylee312, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard (Mobo).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

I have been struggling with this MACH Reboot error for a few days, and it was super frustrating. I tried literally everything recommended in this thread and others, and even re-installed OS X. I could boot to Recovery mode and into my USB installer but that was it. I could not boot to my main partition using the USB installer.

Finally I found the solution, and I wanted to post it in case anyone else had the same problem. I needed to delete FakeSMC.kext from System/Library/Extensions. I don’t know how it got there in the first place but that was all it took to fix something that nearly drove me insane!

This is one true answer! It works for me...
I just go into recovery boot, open terminal, go to the folder and delete it... rebooting and it works! Many thanks!

Go into Clover Options in the Boot Menu - > theni think Binary Patching Menu---> and then enable the Apple Intel Thingy
It's woking with my laptop
HP Probook 4540s
Thanks bro!!

Hello all, I desperatly tried to (fresh) install 10.13.6 on my Alienware Aurora R7. I'm stuck with that error. Tried everything I could find with no luck. Can I ask for a bit of help :)
My post is here. Thanks

Dropping DMAR MATS tables works for me. Thanx
Me too, but I also used the old aptiofixdrv. From clover version 4077. THX. The new aptiofixdrv versions caused diffrent Kernelpanics, Kernelcache error etc.

I had the same problem and none of this helped. Finally i could solve it by connecting my ssd to my old Macbook Pro as external drive and installed High Sierra over it until this loud error noise appears. Now i can boot into the system but the performance is very bad, the benchmarks for GPU and CPU are ridiculous. I tried to avoid a clean install but i'll go for it to improve the performance, otherwise i'll downgrade to sierra...

Hi everyone,
I'm posting this after resolving every problem installing High Sierra but one, this one in particular. I've read all your advice and all your solutions but unfortunately they didn't work for me. I attach my Clover folder if anyone is so kind to help me i will appreciate that.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 99
Hi everyone,
I'm posting this after resolving every problem installing High Sierra but one, this one in particular. I've read all your advice and all your solutions but unfortunately they didn't work for me. I attach my Clover folder if anyone is so kind to help me i will appreciate that.
try AptioMemoryFix in drivers64UEFI folder (remove OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000)

also you seem to be missing FakeSMC.kext in clover/kexts/other

also you seem to be missing FakeSMC.kext in clover/kexts/other
yes i deleted it after someone said it was the solution.. but i think i did it wrong at this point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back