Contribute
Register

Stuck at Attempting System Restart... MACH Reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
I am having the same issue, but might be a different cause.
So when I run the "Install High Sierra App" it just instantly jump to restart, I am not sure if this is normal.
I tried dropping the MAT code and it doesn't work for me. Is there another solution available yet?

I'm facing the same issues after a direct update from a perfectly working Sierra install. Running a GA-Z77-DS3H with a Palit GTX770, the system hangs with the MACH Reboot message. The update went fine, no issues there, but booting the OS X drive always results in the stack trace. Clover 4220, only 2 kexts: FakeSMC and realtekACL.

Help!

Edit: also tried the drop tables to no avail.

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.4 KB · Views: 367
Gigabyte Z77N-Wifi 3570k, same issues after a direct update from a perfectly working Sierra install.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/bzzdjcZKYoqSf6zB2
Just Copied apfs.efi to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/.
Already had FakeSMC.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/
Only can boot to Recovery
Any suggestions, guys?

pavgav, Please, next time, upload and attach the photo to your post. It's rude to send someone elsewhere to see the photo and, who knows, a possible malware because the link is a contraction of the real link. TIA.

Attachments

• config.plist
    18.2 KB · Views: 257
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 407

+1, this worked for me. Thanks @itwas! Successful direct upgrade from 10.12.

My overview, fwiw:
1) Like @Amblin , I had a "golden" install running 10.12 (iCloud, iMessage, etc)
2) Followed tonymac's instructions to direct upgrade.
3) Got stuck at first reboot- only saw Apple logo with no progress bar. Tried various nvidia fixes, no luck.
4) booted in verbose mode (-v), saw it was stuck at MACH REBOOT
5) Updated Clover Configurator (as @itwas noted, newer version allows dropping MATS table)
6) Dropped DMARS and MATS tables by clicking "+" in the bottom left panel, and clicking arrows (this took a minute to find!)
7) Restarted upgrade, and completed in about 15 min.
8) One difference- My system no longer "automatically" rebooted during the install process as tonymac notes. Not sure the cause, but after each reboot, I had to continue to choose "Boot macOS Install" until it reached my Password lockscreen.

Thanks again to all who contribute here!

+1, this worked for me. Thanks @itwas! Successful direct upgrade from 10.12.

My overview, fwiw:
1) Like @Amblin , I had a "golden" install running 10.12 (iCloud, iMessage, etc)
2) Followed tonymac's instructions to direct upgrade.
3) Got stuck at first reboot- only saw Apple logo with no progress bar. Tried various nvidia fixes, no luck.
4) booted in verbose mode (-v), saw it was stuck at MACH REBOOT
5) Updated Clover Configurator (as @itwas noted, newer version allows dropping MATS table)
6) Dropped DMARS and MATS tables by clicking "+" in the bottom left panel, and clicking arrows (this took a minute to find!)
7) Restarted upgrade, and completed in about 15 min.
8) One difference- My system no longer "automatically" rebooted during the install process as tonymac notes. Not sure the cause, but after each reboot, I had to continue to choose "Boot macOS Install" until it reached my Password lockscreen.

Thanks again to all who contribute here!

#5, actually you don't need the latest version, any old version can also do this, see #6

#6, If you do not pick up the table from the drop-down list, you can do this
6.1 clicking "+" to add a empty new entry
6.2 double clicking the "Signature*" cell, type in "MATS"

I have laptop with same issue

Attachments

• preboot.log.zip
    6.2 KB · Views: 144
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back